This topic describes how to connect to a Windows Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance from an Android device. Microsoft Remote Desktop is used in this topic.
Before you connect to a Windows instance, make sure that the following requirements are met:
- The instance is in the Running state.
- The instance has a public IP address and is accessible from the Internet.
- A logon password is set for the instance. If you forget the password, reset the password. For more information, see Reset the logon password of an instance.
- Microsoft Remote Desktop is installed on the instance. You can download Microsoft Remote Desktop from the official Microsoft website.
- The rule described in the following table is added to the security group of the instance
based on the network type of the instance. For information about how to add a rule
to a security group, see Add security group rules.
Network type NIC type Direction Action Protocol type Port range Authorization type Authorization object Priority Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) N/A Inbound Allow RDP (3389) 3389/3389 IPv4 CIDR block 0.0.0.0/0 1 Classic network Public
- If you log on to the Windows instance as a non-administrator user, the user must belong to the Remote Desktop Users group.
- Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop app. In this example, RD Client 184.108.40.2064 is used.
- In the upper-right corner of the Remote Desktop page, tap the + icon.
- Tap Desktop.
- On the Add desktop page, enter the hostname or public IP address of the Windows instance to which you
want to connect in the PC name field and tap SAVE.
- On the Remote Desktop page, tap the Windows instance.
- If the Certificate can't be verified. Do you want to connect anyway? message appears, confirm that certificate information and connection information
are correct and tap CONNECT.
- On the Logon page, enter your username such as administrator and your password and tap CONNECT to connect to the Windows instance.