(Version: August, 2017)
Many of our Cloud Services offered through the Alibaba Cloud Platform are intended for use by business organisations. You acknowledge and agree that if you use your organisation’s email address to register an account and purchase or use our Cloud Services, the owner of the domain associated with your organisation’s email address, and/or your organisation, may monitor or control your account with the Alibaba Cloud Platform and access, process, and/or control your personal data, as well as the contents of your communications and files. You acknowledge and agree that your organisation’s use of our Cloud Services may be subject to your organisation’s own rules or policies, and you shall direct all privacy enquiries relating to such rules or policies to your organisation’s administrators. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of your organisation.
Cloud Services may be used by our customers (i.e. registered users of Alibaba Cloud) to develop or host their own services and products for the customer’s end users. Any information collected or handled by Alibaba Cloud in such circumstance is processed on behalf of our customer who controls the collection and use of such information. We do not have a direct relationship with the end users of our customers. End users should direct all privacy enquiries, such as any requests to access, correct, amend or delete personal information, to the Alibaba Cloud customer providing their services or products. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers.
A. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
If you are (i) an individual or (ii) a representative of a business organisation at the time you register to become a user of the Alibaba Cloud Platform and/or purchase Cloud Services, you may be asked to complete registration forms which require you to provide information such as your email address, mobile number, country, preferred language, name, contact address, and screen nick name. You may also provide to us additional optional contact information in your account profile, such as email address for sub-accounts, and additional contact phone numbers.
We record and retain details of your activities (including any purchase or use of our product offerings and services) when you use the Alibaba Cloud Platform and/or certain Cloud Services for legal and/or business purposes. If you make purchases or otherwise transact online through the Alibaba Cloud Platform, we also collect information related to such transactions including, but not limited to, the types and specifications of the Cloud Services, pricing information, and any trade dispute/complaint records.
When you contact our customer support, sales or other departments, we keep records of the communications.
If you make online purchases for our Cloud Services through the Alibaba Cloud Platform, you may be required to provide information related to your payment instrument (such as credit cards), including information about your payment instrument organisation, your payment instrument number, the security code, and the expiration date of your payment instrument, directly to our payment service provider.
Please note that it is mandatory for you to provide certain categories of data (as specified at the time of collection). In the event that you do not provide any or sufficient data marked as mandatory, we may not be able to complete the registration process or provide you with our Cloud Services.
We also record and retain records of users’ buying and browsing activities on the Alibaba Cloud Platform, including but not limited to Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, browsing patterns and buying behavioural patterns. In addition, we automatically gather statistical information about our Alibaba Cloud Platform and visitors to our Alibaba Cloud Platform including, but not limited to, IP addresses, browser software, operating system, software and hardware attributes, pages viewed, number of sessions and unique visitors.
We may from time to time collect additional information from you (such as copies of identification documents) and obtain information about you from third parties in order to carry out risk control, fraud prevention and compliance procedures. For example, we may collect payment-related information from third parties and combine it with information we collect about you for the purpose of fraud prevention and risk control.
B. PURPOSES FOR THE COLLECTION, RETENTION, USE, DISCLOSURE AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
If you provide any personal data to us, you consent (or shall have procured the relevant consent from your organisation, your end users, or relevant third parties) to our collection, retention, use and disclosure of that personal data for the following purposes:
- processing your registration as a user, providing you with an user ID for our Alibaba Cloud Platform and maintaining and managing your registration;
- providing you with customer service and responding to your queries, feedback, claims or disputes;
- providing the Cloud Services to you and/or your end users;
- processing your purchases and/or subscriptions on the International Marketplace;
- performing research or statistical analysis in order to improve the content and layout of our Alibaba Cloud Platform, to improve our product offerings and services;
- publishing any information voluntarily submitted by you (which may include, but is not limited to, a photograph or other personal data you provide) to our Alibaba Cloud Platform to be published on our Alibaba Cloud Platform through the publishing tools (such as our discussion forums);
- to comply with applicable law, legal process or lawful government request, or in respect of any claims or potential claims brought against us or our parent companies, shareholders, subsidiaries and affiliates;
- processing the personal data in accordance with your instructions;
- performing risk control, legal compliance and sanctions screening;
- performing screening and checks for unlawful, fraudulent, deceptive or malicious activities; and
- purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
Subject to obtaining your specific consent and/or where permitted by applicable law, we may use your name, phone number, residential address, email address and fax number (which may incorporate personal data) to provide notices, surveys, product alerts, communications and other marketing and promotional materials to you relating to goods and services offered by us on our Alibaba Cloud Platform.
C. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
- You agree that we may disclose your personal data to third party service providers engaged by us at our sole discretion to assist with providing you with our services (including providing customer services to you, contacting you regarding promotions products and services, performing risk control, fraud prevention and legal compliance procedures, and conducting payment processing services) (the “Third Party Service Providers”). These Third Party Service Providers may be located in Singapore or outside of Singapore, and are under a duty of confidentiality to us and are only permitted to use your personal data in connection with the purposes specified in Section B above, and not for their own purposes.
- You agree that we may disclose your personal data to other companies within the Alibaba Group for the purposes specified at Section B above.
- Any personal data supplied by you will be retained by us for legal and/or business purposes and will be accessible by our employees for or in relation to any of the purposes stated in Section B above, and will be retained and/or processed by any Third Party Service Providers engaged by us and third parties referred to in C.1 and C.2 above for or in relation to any of the purposes stated in Section B above.
- We may provide statistical information to third parties, but when we do so, we do not provide personally-identifying information without your permission.
- Our website offers publicly accessible community forums. You acknowledge and agree that any information you provide in these areas may be accessed, read, collected, and used by others anywhere in the world. To request removal of your personal data from our community forums, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
D. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
E. SECURITY MEASURES
We use commercially reasonable endeavors to protect the personal data that you provide to us. We also employ several security techniques, including but not limited to the use of industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption for transmission of personal data in registration information and payment information and the adoption of identity, credential and access management measures for transmission of such personal data to prevent security breaches and unauthorized access of personal data. We limit access to your personal data and other data to people who need to access to such data for their work.
Nevertheless, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be perfectly secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. We cannot and do not guarantee security in connection with your use of the Alibaba Cloud Platform and our Cloud Services.
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed in accordance with the purpose for which it was collected, to provide you services, to comply with our audit, finance and legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements with you.
F. RIGHT TO ACCESS/CORRECT PERSONAL DATA; CONTACTING US
You have the right to request access to your personal data held by us (or on our behalf) and to request correction or deletion of such personal data. Additionally, upon request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold your personal information. You may contact us at email@example.com to request access, correction or deletion of your personal data. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. You may also have supplemental rights under applicable law in relation to your personal data.
You may receive e-newsletter from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you (or at your member profile).
If a minor (a person under the age of 18) has provided us with personal data without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian may contact us on the minor’s behalf to request that we cease any further collection, use and/or disclosure of the personal data relating to the relevant minor.
• European Economic Area (EEA)
For individuals in the EEA, and/or in relation to processing conducted by or on behalf of Alibaba.com (Europe) Limited, please contact:
Attention: Legal Counsel
Alibaba.com (Europe) Limited, 3rd Floor, Davidson Building, 5 Southampton Street, London, England, WC2E 7HA, United Kingdom
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If Alibaba.com (Europe) Limited is not the relevant “data controller” for the purposes of EEA data protection law, you will be directed to the relevant entity.
• Outside the EEA
In all other cases, please contact:
Attention: General Counsel /Alibaba Cloud (Singapore) Private Limited, Legal Department, c/o 26/F, Tower One, Times Square, 1 Matheson Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong.
E-mail address: email@example.com
In addition to the addresses listed above, if you have a privacy or data use concern which has not been addressed to your satisfaction, you may contact our third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) here.
We and our partners use “cookies” and/or similar technologies to store specific information about you and track your visits to our Alibaba Cloud Platform. We may also use “cookies” to store specific information about your use of certain Cloud Services as part of its features and to facilitate or enhance your user experience of the relevant service. A “cookie” is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser and stored on your device’s hard drive. A cookie can be sent to your device’s hard drive only if you access our Alibaba Cloud Platform using a device. If you do not de-activate or erase the cookie, each time you use the same device to access our Alibaba Cloud Platform, our web servers will be notified of your visit to our Alibaba Cloud Platform and in turn we may have knowledge of your visit and the pattern of your usage.
You can determine if and how a cookie will be accepted by configuring the browser which is installed in the computer you are using to access the Alibaba Cloud Platform. If you choose, you can change those configurations. You may be able to change your browser preferences or settings to reject all cookies, or are notified and can choose to consent each time a cookie is sent. If you reject all cookies by choosing the cookie-disabling function in your browser, you may be required to re-enter information on our Alibaba Cloud Platform more often and certain features of our Alibaba Cloud Platform may be unavailable.
To manage Flash cookies, please click here.
By accessing and using our Alibaba Cloud Platform and/or Cloud Services, and by accepting the cookies, you consent to the storage of cookies on your devices. You also consent to the access of such cookies by us and by our partners mentioned above.
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 1300 363 992