Why Choose Alibaba Cloud？
We offer affordable prices without compromising the quality of our services. Our prices are inclusive of domain management agency fees (ICANN fees) and no hidden or additional charges.
Free Proxy Service
After purchasing a domain name, you can activate the Proxy service to keep your information secure. Alibaba Cloud provides this service at no additional cost.
Trusted & Experienced
With over 20 million registered domain names and over 1 million cloud service users around the world, you can always rely on our technical capabilities and service quality.
Tips From the Pro's
- Choose a short and catchy domain name. If it is not available as a .com, try using a different top-level domain.
- Choose a domain name that is easy for search engines to index. Pinyin and English words are both a great choice.
- The domain name should resonate with your company and brand image, making it easy to recognize.
World Class Security
- All Alibaba Cloud products are safeguarded with our robust security protection.
- Free privacy protection service protects your personal information from being exposed.
- Intuitive and user-friendly operation environment helps you manage all your businesses more effectively and securely.
Comprehensive After-sale Services
- Professional and extensive services in both English and Chinese.
- Full control and real-time management over your domain names and other cloud products.
- Responsive and friendly customer support via live chat, email, or phone.
"Afilias is pleased to partner with Alibaba, the leader in cloud computing in China, and we believe Alibaba will be very successful internationally serving domain name customers."
—Afilias CTO Ram Mohan
"Alibaba Cloud has always been one of our most important domain name registrar partners."
—CLUB CEO Colin Campbell
"We have had a great experience partnering with them over the past years and wish them luck and a lot of success in going international."
—Radix VP Sandeep Ramchandani
"Alibaba Cloud has a long-term vision, backed-up by exceptional customer and partner service, that we fully support."
—MMX CEO Toby Hall
"We look forward to working even more closely with Alibaba to help the next generation of internet users get online."
—XYZ CEO Daniel Negari
- 1 WHOIS lookup
- With WHOIS lookup, you can find out the domain name owners or organizations, domain name contact information, including registrant, administrator, and technical contact information, and the registrar (such as Alibaba Cloud), the status of the domain name, and other important dates (such as the domain name registration date and expiration date). WHOIS lookup is usually used for various lawful purposes. Network administrators use WHOIS data to identify and confirm problems. For example, WHOIS data can be used to determine the compliance of domain name usage, identify trademark infringements, and trace domain name registrants involved in activites or Internet fraud. In addition, ICANN’s protocol protects domain name registrants by prohibiting people from leveraging WHOIS data to automatically identify users of specific administrations or registrars and send marketing, fraud, or massive spam information to you. You can enable the domain name proxy service to prevent your information being stolen. Click WHOIS lookup to search the information about a domain name.
- 2 Change the DNS server
- If a domain name is registered at Alibaba Cloud, Alibaba Cloud’s DNS server is used by default, such as dns1.alibabacloud.com and dns2.alibabacloud.com. If you have a DNS server, you can change the default DNS server to your DNS server. You can also change it to the DNS server of another service provider. To change the DNS server, follow the steps below: Log on to the Domains console. Locate the domain name whose DNS server you want to change, and then click Manage. Go to the Basic Information page, click DNS Modification on the left-side navigation pane. Click Change DNS. Modify, add, or delete the information about the DNS server. Note: After the DNS server is changed, it may take as long as 48 hours for resolution to take effect.
- 3 Modify domain name information
- ou can perform the following steps to modify your domain name information. Log on to the Domains console. Behind the domain name, click Manage. Click Info Modification on the left navigation pane to modify the registrant name, address, email and other information, and then click Next. Select the verification mode. Verify the information with the modified email of the registrant, and click Get Verification Code behind the Email Address. Enter the verification code sent to the modified email, and click Confirm. After the information is successfully modified, the domain name information modification will be sent to the emails of the original registrant and the new registrant at the same time. Remember to check the email.
- 4 How to renew a domain name?
- To renew a domain name, follow the steps below: Log on to the Domains console. Locate the domain name and click Renew. If you want to renew several domain names, select the domain names and click the Bulk Renew option below. Go to the Shopping Cart page, select the domain name(s) you want to renew and the subscription duration, and click Buy Now. Go to the Confirm Order page, and click Place Order. Go to the Pay page, and click Pay. The renewal is complete.
- 5 Redeem a domain name
- Generally, you have a 30-day renewal period after your domain name expires at Alibaba Cloud. If you fail to renew the domain name within the renewal period, the domain name enters into the redemption period. You need to pay a higher price to redeem a domain name in the redemption period if you want to own the domain name back.
- 6 Domain name transfer
- If you want to transfer your domain name from Alibaba Cloud to another registrar, the registrar may ask for an authorization code (also known as an EPP code or a transfer key) to verify that you own the domain name.
- 7 Conditions for getting a transfer authorization code
- To get a transfer authorization code, meet the conditions below: The original domain name must be an Alibaba Cloud domain name. The transfer date must be at least 60 days after the domain name registration submission date (domain name registration date). The transfer date must be at least 60 days after the previous successful domain name transfer. A domain name that is renewed after expiration can be transferred only after 45 days since the renewal date. The domain name to be transferred is in normal status (rather than in transfer prohibition), without overdue payments, or not in any arbitration or legal proceedings, and its registrant’s identity should be clear or without dispute.
- 8 You can get an authorization code from Alibaba Cloud
- Log on to the Domains console. Locate the domain name to be transferred, and click Manage. Go to the Basic Information page, click Domain Transfer-Out on the left navigation pane. Verify your email. Check the registrant’s email address where the transfer code will be sent, and click Next. Security authentication. You can select one authentication mode and enter the authentication code. Click Next. After your complete the steps above, you will receive the authorization code via the email address. Check your email.
- 9 Procedure for transferring your domain name to Alibaba Cloud
- To transfer domains to Alibaba Cloud, follow these steps. On the registrar’s portal: Update contact information (if necessary). Update and verify the administrative contact information for your domains. Confirmation emails for all future transfer requests are sent to the updated email. Unlock your domains (if necessary). Domains cannot be in the Clienthold status. Disable transfer protection. Disable transfer protection for your domains (if applicable). Get an authorization code (also known as an EPP code or a transfer key).
- 10 Procedure for transferring a domain name from Alibaba Cloud
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Domains console. Select the domains to transfer and click Manage. Go to the Basic Information page, click Domain Transfer-Out on the left-side navigation pane. Check the email and click Next. Choose either Authentication by mobile phone or Authentication by Alibaba Cloud one-click App for the authentication method. Take Authentication by mobile phone as an example. Click Obtain the transfer code, enter the authentication code sent to the mobile number bound to your account, and click Next. Verify the registrant email and click Next. An authorization code is sent to the registrant email. If you have not received the email, click Obtain the transfer code again. If your email is incorrect, click Registrant’s email to modify it. Enter the authorization code on the new registrar’s portal and submit the request. Upon receiving the request for domain transfer to another registrar, Alibaba Cloud automatically sends a confirmation email for domain transfer to the registrant email. Domains are automatically transferred out in five days. If you want to cancel the transfer, follow the instructions in the email.