Webinar: Cloud Technologies Behind Alibaba’s Single’s Day
An Introduction to E-Commerce
Record Breaking Cloud Performance - Case of the Double 11
Want to know how to leverage the technologies behind Alibaba’s Double 11 shopping festival to help with your E-Commerce business? Join us at this webinar; we will share several key technological components and insights with you from Alibaba’s solution architect. This Webinar showcases how Alibaba Cloud’s suite of services scale both vertically & horizontally to deliver on magnitudes of business challenges not seen elsewhere in the world.
USA Session: Wednesday, Aug. 7, 2019, 10:00 AM - 10:40 AM UTC-07
Asia Session: Thursday, Aug. 8, 2019, 10:00 AM - 10:40 AM UTC+08
The advanced cloud technology protecting and powering Alibaba can be accessed through Alibaba Cloud’s e-commerce solutions.
Users can quickly build their own e-commerce platform, reduce operational & management costs, cope with high business concurrency, and strengthen their layered security protection. Through the integration of this service, along with Alibaba Cloud’s big data capabilities, customers can quickly develop applications, process massive data sets and extract actionable insights for those important business decisions.
Originated from the technologies of Taobao and Tmall, Alibaba Cloud possesses great know-hows on retail industry and online users, and plays critical roles during every year's Double 11 Shopping Festival.
In the year 2018, our newly self-developed elastic computing products broke a new record for “pulse calculation”, and successfully operated more than 10 million computing cores simultaneously, which is equivalent to 10 large data centers. With the support of Alibaba Cloud, Tmall also broke the new worldwide record on number of placed orders per second -- 491K/s, 1.5 times larger than Double 11 in 2017.
How Can We Help Your E-Commerce Business?
Scenario1. Dealing with Sudden Traffic Spikes
Having faced countless challenges from large scale online promotions on our e-commerce websites, Alibaba Cloud products are capable of handling the sudden traffic spikes. Our products also automatically adjust the amount of the resources you need and distribute traffic among these resources, ensuring the performance of your application in a cost-effective way.
- 100x performance improvement on high concurrent scenarios than your self-built database
- High security: supports IP whitelists, SQL injection prevention, SSL-encrypted data transmission, TDE.
- Supports multiple deployment architectures
- Complete monitoring and diagnostics
“Alibaba Cloud can deliver a complete range of cloud services locally in Hong Kong and has a proven track record handling influxes of web traffic such as during the Double 11 shopping festival in China. This is one of the many reasons HKExpress considered Alibaba Cloud for its cloud infrastructure needs.” Learn more.
Scenario 2. Quickly Reach Your Users around Asia Pacific
Alibaba Cloud has 13 data centers in Asia Pacific region, taking the advantages of our presence and excellent network performance, your e-commerce websites can provide users with fast and smooth browsing and a better online shopping experience.
- 1500+ nodes globally with 120 Tbps of bandwidth
- Supports major ISPs worldwide
- 10-GE NICs' network
- Less than milliseconds response time
- Billed by Pay-As-Traffic or Pay-By-Bandwidth
- One internet bandwidth shared by multi instances
- Supports cross-zone disaster recovery
- 10 Gbps of throughput and 1 MM connections
- NAT rule customization and data visualization
- Easy to use
“In just two days the Lazada application supported over 1.3 billion visits and supported customers buying and shipping throughout southeast Asia. On the backend, Alibaba Cloud provided Lazada with the infrastructure and products to support its business.” Learn more.
Scenario 3. Safeguard Your E-Commerce Business from Web Attacks
Besides providing internationally compliant services, Alibaba Cloud provides comprehensive security solutions for your e-commerce websites and apps, including Anti DDoS protection, Web Application Firewall, and Managed Security Services to ensure your data stay safe.
- Mitigates nearly unlimited DDoS attacks
- Globally distributed scrubbing centers
- 7*24 technical support with multi-tools
- Record on defending against the attack over 1Tbps
- Flexible monthly subscriptions to save your costs
- Keeps your server response time to milliseconds
- Fix vulnerabilities within 24 hours
- Efficiently prevents CC attacks
- Supports anti-crawler, anti-rush & anti-sabotage protection
“By implementing Alibaba Cloud’s CDN and WAF services and working with Alibaba Cloud’s security professionals, AirAsia identified 90% of the traffic as Bots. Now, Alibaba Cloud provides Air Asia with weekly security reports and regular updates.” Learn more.
Scenario 4: Creating Accurate and Precise Search Engines
Alibaba Cloud search-technology products provide simple, low-cost, stable, and efficient search solutions for your e-commerce websites or applications. These mature services are based on advanced machine learning/deep learning developed by Taobao, the world's biggest e-commerce website according to Alexa, and are also used by all major business units of Alibaba Group.
- Industry-leading high accuracy
- Milliseconds response time to image queries
- 10 billion+ searchable images
- Customizable to meet individual business needs
- Supports product search and generic search
- 100MM+ searchable documents
- Millisecond level query delay
- 10,000+ Query Per Second(QPS)
- Supports two rounds of correlation sorting
- Simple deployment and customization
“The technology required to visually search through literally millions of products, in seconds, was unprecedented - the fact that the user experience is so simple and seamless is a hallmark of what cutting-edge CX and UX design should be.” Learn more.
Scenario 5: Performing Big Data Analysis and Providing Intelligent Recommendations
Alibaba Cloud e-commerce solution also provides big data products, which can easily process massive amounts of data as well as automatically recommend related products to your customers in an easy, fast, scalable, and cost effective way.
- Supports the Hadoop and Spark ecosystem components
- Cost-effective: by automated scale in and out
- High stability by deeply optimized environment
- Safe: supports Kerberos authentication & data encryption
- Easy setup and well integrated with Alibaba Cloud products
- Seamless integrates data on cloud and local files
- Quickly build data portals with drag-and-drop
- Flexible embedding into third-party systems
- Full control of data access permissions
- Supports OLAP modeling of data sources, and converts to multi-dimensional analytics models
Tokopedia is leveraging the end-to-end big data solutions starting from data ingestion, data storage, data processing, data analysis, and data visualization from Alibaba Cloud to get quick insights from its huge offline and incremental data sets. Learn more.
More Cloud Products for E-Commerce
- resource package from $180
- resource package from $13.05
- from $60.18/month
- from $360/year
- online training
- online training
- online training
DevOps Career Learning Path
Learn about the processes and tools needed to release software faster and more reliably, while obtaining industry standard certificates boosting your professional cloud credibility.
- • Coping with Sudden Traffic Spikes to Your E-Commerce Platform
- • Alibaba Cloud Network Solution Introduction
- • How Alibaba Cloud Helps you Secure Your Web Services
- • Big Data Quickstart Series 1: Create Powerful Data Visualization
- • Image Search: The Machine Learning Technology behind Alibaba E-commerce
- • Trends and Innovations of Image Search in the Retail Industry
- • Optimizing Performance for Big-data-based Global E-Commerce Systems
- • DevSecOps Best Practices – Building an E-Commerce Application
- • How Alibaba Cloud Evaluates Customer Product Reviews on Alibaba E-Commerce Platform
- • Applying Machine Translation to Cross-border E-commerce Scenarios
- • Successful eCommerce Promotions – an Alibaba Cloud Guide for SMEs
- • Starting Out, Scaling Up and Going Global: Alibaba Cloud E-Commerce for Business
- • Upgrading Retail: Five Key Tools for Cloud-based Digital Transformation
- • Smart Shopping: Digital Transformation Strategies for Retail
- • Image Search Quick Start
Grow Your Business Under One Global Account
Campaign Terms and Conditions
- Free Trial Offers
- Deals for Single Products