Webinar：Helping SMEs Riding the Wave of Digital Transformation
Pace, Convenience and Personalization: Using Data to Transform Retail Experience
Alibaba Double 11: How Alibaba Cloud Helped Transform the World's Biggest Shopping Festival
An Introduction to Alibaba Cloud E-Commerce Solutions
With the unprecedented needs and challenges of transforming the business into digital and online, we are inviting you to join our experts to learn about how Alibaba Cloud can help you better prepared.
This webinar would be ideal for business owners and founders, IT leaders, technical decision-makers, and developers who want to develop their strategic roadmap for digital transformation by taking advantage of Cloud Computing resources and the latest technologies.
As one of the world’s biggest retail commerce companies, Alibaba has completely changed the game in China. Alibaba Cloud provides the processing power behind the renowned Global Shopping Festival, 11.11, or Singles’ Day. We also spearhead a new form of retail that merges the best of online and bricks-and-mortar retail to help many players, from supermarkets to shopping malls, transform their retail experiences and create impressive data-driven, smartphone-powered omnichannel experiences.
Download this ebook to learn how Alibaba Cloud can help retail businesses adopt the right digital transformation strategy to fuel growth and realize an omnichannel customer experience throughout the consumer journey.
Originated from the technologies of Taobao and Tmall, Alibaba Cloud possesses great know-hows on retail industry and online users, and plays critical roles during every year's Double 11 Shopping Festival.
In the year 2019, Alibaba Cloud introduced the 6th Generation of ECS, based on the X-Dragon Architecture. The 3rd Generation of the X-Dragon architecture fully supported the 2019 shopping event, where its servers seamlessly integrated our computing platforms into a single architecture, improving their cost efficiency by 20 percent. With the support of Alibaba Cloud, Tmall also broke the new worldwide record on number of placed orders per second -- 544K/s.
The proprietary technologies and computing power of Alibaba Cloud have long supported Double 11, with all of Alibaba’s core e-commerce systems running on Alibaba Cloud starting in 2019. Alibaba Cloud’s comprehensive solution for e-commerce comes with the same leading technologies that support Double 11, paving the way for advanced e-commerce scenarios such as livestreaming, cross-border and big data analysis.
With this solution, you can quickly and easily build your own e-commerce platform, reduce operations and maintenance costs, gear up for high traffic volume, and bolster platform security. Moreover, through the integration of this tailored solution, which combines several of Alibaba Cloud’s big data systems, you can also quickly build applications, process massive data sets, and extract actionable insights for business-critical decisions.
How Can We Help Your E-Commerce Business?
Scenario1. Dealing with Sudden Traffic Spikes
Having faced countless challenges from large scale online promotions on our e-commerce websites, Alibaba Cloud products are capable of handling the sudden traffic spikes. Our products also automatically adjust the amount of the resources you need and distribute traffic among these resources, ensuring the performance of your application in a cost-effective way.
- 100x performance improvement on high concurrent scenarios than your self-built database
- High security: supports IP whitelists, SQL injection prevention, SSL-encrypted data transmission, TDE.
- Supports multiple deployment architectures
- Complete monitoring and diagnostics
“Alibaba Cloud can deliver a complete range of cloud services locally in China(Hong Kong) and has a proven track record handling influxes of web traffic such as during the Double 11 shopping festival in China. This is one of the many reasons HKExpress considered Alibaba Cloud for its cloud infrastructure needs.” Learn more.
Scenario 2. Quickly Reach Your Users around Asia Pacific
Alibaba Cloud has 13 data centers in Asia Pacific region, taking the advantages of our presence and excellent network performance, your e-commerce websites can provide users with fast and smooth browsing and a better online shopping experience.
- 1500+ nodes globally with 120 Tbps of bandwidth
- Supports major ISPs worldwide
- 10-GE NICs' network
- Less than milliseconds response time
- Billed by Pay-As-Traffic or Pay-By-Bandwidth
- One internet bandwidth shared by multi instances
- Supports cross-zone disaster recovery
- 10 Gbps of throughput and 1 MM connections
- NAT rule customization and data visualization
- Easy to use
“In just two days the Lazada application supported over 1.3 billion visits and supported customers buying and shipping throughout southeast Asia. On the backend, Alibaba Cloud provided Lazada with the infrastructure and products to support its business.” Learn more.
Scenario 3. Safeguard Your E-Commerce Business from Web Attacks
Besides providing internationally compliant services, Alibaba Cloud provides comprehensive security solutions for your e-commerce websites and apps, including Anti DDoS protection, Web Application Firewall, and Managed Security Services to ensure your data stay safe.
- Mitigates nearly unlimited DDoS attacks
- Globally distributed scrubbing centers
- 7*24 technical support with multi-tools
- Record on defending against the attack over 1Tbps
- Flexible monthly subscriptions to save your costs
- Keeps your server response time to milliseconds
- Fix vulnerabilities within 24 hours
- Efficiently prevents CC attacks
- Supports anti-crawler, anti-rush & anti-sabotage protection
“By implementing Alibaba Cloud’s CDN and WAF services and working with Alibaba Cloud’s security professionals, AirAsia identified 90% of the traffic as Bots. Now, Alibaba Cloud provides Air Asia with weekly security reports and regular updates.” Learn more.
Scenario 4: Creating Accurate and Precise Search Engines
Alibaba Cloud search-technology products provide simple, low-cost, stable, and efficient search solutions for your e-commerce websites or applications. These mature services are based on advanced machine learning/deep learning developed by Taobao, the world's biggest e-commerce website according to Alexa, and are also used by all major business units of Alibaba Group.
- Industry-leading high accuracy
- Milliseconds response time to image queries
- 10 billion+ searchable images
- Customizable to meet individual business needs
- Supports product search and generic search
- 100MM+ searchable documents
- Millisecond level query delay
- 10,000+ Query Per Second(QPS)
- Supports two rounds of correlation sorting
- Simple deployment and customization
“The technology required to visually search through literally millions of products, in seconds, was unprecedented - the fact that the user experience is so simple and seamless is a hallmark of what cutting-edge CX and UX design should be.” Learn more.
Scenario 5: Performing Big Data Analysis and Providing Intelligent Recommendations
Alibaba Cloud e-commerce solution also provides big data products, which can easily process massive amounts of data as well as automatically recommend related products to your customers in an easy, fast, scalable, and cost effective way.
- Supports the Hadoop and Spark ecosystem components
- Cost-effective: by automated scale in and out
- High stability by deeply optimized environment
- Safe: supports Kerberos authentication & data encryption
- Easy setup and well integrated with Alibaba Cloud products
- Seamless integrates data on cloud and local files
- Quickly build data portals with drag-and-drop
- Flexible embedding into third-party systems
- Full control of data access permissions
- Supports OLAP modeling of data sources, and converts to multi-dimensional analytics models
Tokopedia is leveraging the end-to-end big data solutions starting from data ingestion, data storage, data processing, data analysis, and data visualization from Alibaba Cloud to get quick insights from its huge offline and incremental data sets. Learn more.
Run Your E-Commerce Business with Tmall
the largest e-commerce platform in China
1 * 1 Consulting Service
Dedicated consultant to diagnose your business status and assist you with the business launch process
Flexible Business Models
Choose to be a direct important supplier, or an independent seller according to your own capacities.
Alibaba Group Resources
Enjoy holistic e-commerce services on online payment, digital marketing and logistics services.
More Cloud Products for E-Commerce
- resource package from $180
- resource package from $13.05
- from $60.18/month
- from $360/year
- online training
- online training
- online training
Customer Success Stories
See how companies large and small are leveraging Alibaba Cloud to grow and improve their business
“Alibaba Cloud provided reliable infrastructure, which allowed us to deploy our application with faster and cheaper, which dramatically improved our time to market.”
Mr. Mui Man Bok, Chairman, Brilliant Group & Founder, FreshGo
Alibaba Cloud provided FreshGo a refined solution to fulfill their need for a live streaming solution with scalable usage at a lower cost (-70%) which allowed them to give a better and more mature service to their customers. By leveraging Alibaba Cloud's e-commerce and new retail know-how, they were the best and most reliable partner for FreshGo.
"Together with Alibaba Cloud, Cobalt is equipped with enhanced digital capabilities to build a digital ecosystem to shorten the development lead time of their customers, enabling them to capture opportunities in this digital era."
"Given Alibaba's strong ecosystem and expertise, Alibaba can provide the tools that Bintraco holdings require to draft a clear road map and provide consultation on how to integrate several different business units. Through the solutions proposed, Bintraco will be able to better plan resources and gain stronger insights into customer service behavior and plan marketing campaigns accordingly."
Currently, Bintraco is in the first phases of its digital transformation. Moving forward, Bintraco hopes to continue to consolidate business units through a common data platform. To this end, Alibaba Cloud provides several powerful and well-integrated tools. In particular, the MaxCompute suite provides a common data consolidation platform. Next, Bintraco hopes to continue to create valuable business insights through predictive analytics using Alibaba Cloud's full-fledged machine learning platform.
Alibaba Cloud provides a comprehensive set of product portfolios ranging from IaaS, Big Data, AI, and Security to meet various use cases and needs of Tokopedia.
Tokopedia currently runs 20+ full-stack core applications with close to 1000 VMs and various kinds of managed services in a reliable, scalable, and cost-effective IT infrastructure on Alibaba Cloud. Besides that, Tokopedia is also leveraging the end-to-end big data solutions starting from data ingestion, data storage, data processing, data analysis, and data visualization from Alibaba Cloud to get quick insights from its huge offline and incremental data sets. Alibaba Cloud is also bringing the AI capabilities such as image search to provide more intelligence and better user experience to Tokopedia’s customers.
“Chemist Warehouse has been able to grow its digital presence in China with the support of Alibaba Cloud. We appreciate their responsive support and local engagement which enables us to deliver on our China initiative in record time."
Ki Bae, Web Development Manager
For Chemist Warehouse partnering with Alibaba Cloud became a natural fit. As a tier-one public cloud provider that has an exceptional data centre and network coverage in both China and Australia, Alibaba Cloud offered Chemist Warehouse the reach and ease of a unified platform to connect Australia with China.
Staying ahead of the curve, by implementing innovate technologies from Alibaba Cloud, means the future is undoubtedly bright for Fishpond.
Looking ahead, Fishpond are excited about what the future will hold for online businesses and the retail sector as a whole, as technology continues to allow brands and markteplaces to strengthen their connection with customers. “When used right, technology should empower and simplify the User Experience - in this case, we have achieved that in spades, and delivered an innovative new way to shop that is unrivaled in our market.” Powles explains.
- • Coping with Sudden Traffic Spikes to Your E-Commerce Platform
- • Alibaba Cloud Network Solution Introduction
- • How Alibaba Cloud Helps you Secure Your Web Services
- • Big Data Quickstart Series 1: Create Powerful Data Visualization
- • Image Search: The Machine Learning Technology behind Alibaba E-commerce
- • Trends and Innovations of Image Search in the Retail Industry
- • Optimizing Performance for Big-data-based Global E-Commerce Systems
- • DevSecOps Best Practices – Building an E-Commerce Application
- • How Alibaba Cloud Evaluates Customer Product Reviews on Alibaba E-Commerce Platform
- • Applying Machine Translation to Cross-border E-commerce Scenarios
- • Successful eCommerce Promotions – an Alibaba Cloud Guide for SMEs
- • Starting Out, Scaling Up and Going Global: Alibaba Cloud E-Commerce for Business
- • Upgrading Retail: Five Key Tools for Cloud-based Digital Transformation
- • Smart Shopping: Digital Transformation Strategies for Retail
- • Image Search Quick Start