According to IDC Semiannual China Public Cloud Service Tracker, 2018 H1, Alibaba Cloud is the leader in China's market for infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and platform-as-a-service (PaaS). Alibaba Cloud knows what it takes to be successful in this market. China Gateway is one of Alibaba Cloud’s flagship solutions that helps customers in all sectors to tap into and scale up in China. Download our eBook “Building a China-Ready Business” to learn more.Download China Gateway eBook
Fits various “Connecting to China” needs for all sorts of customers.
Tailored compliance solutions to ensure compliance at home and in China.
Professional ICP filing and license consulting support.
Market-tested security solutions that have been verified by almost half of all cloud (IaaS) users in China.
And, our offer is more than just Cloud: Let’s Innovate at China-speed together.
How It Works
- No China Offices
- Small China Presence
- Registered in China
- Fully Localized
Lean Operations – No China Offices
- - Companies that are just starting to dabble in doing business with China
- - Providing services from their home country
- - Have online users in China or only have an agent in China
- Speeding up web-browsing ensures that their digital products and services are providing an excellent experience for users and their teams can access the information they need.
Limited Operations – Small China Presence
- - Enterprises based in their home country but have people on the ground in China, such as an R&D branch or an outsourcing team
- - Enterprises with a China branch looking to create a Cloud Exchange Connection
- - Ramping up business in China
- - Need global DevOps
- - Cross-border operations that enable remote employee access, remote DevOps, remote data transfer and secure access to branch offices
- - ICP filing and license consulting
Fully Operational – Have Registered Company in China
- - Scaling up in China
- - Integrate consumer-oriented real-time services, such as IoT or O2O
- - Rely on resources spread across multiple countries, such as in the case of cross-border commerce
- - ICP filing and license consulting
- - Real-time access for all consumers
- - Latency, stability sensitivity, connect to the closest data center
- - Cloud Data Recovery
Why Choose Us
According to IDC Semiannual China Public Cloud Service Tracker, 2018 H1, Alibaba Cloud is the leader in China's market for infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) and platform-as-a-service (PaaS) with a 43% market share in China in the first half of 2018.
Extensive Network Coverage
Alibaba Cloud has 8 regions of data centers in China and more than 1,500 CDN nodes connected by a multi-line BGP backbone network. Plus, we offer 19 data center regions, including the first public cloud data center regions in the Middle East (Dubai) and Indonesia, and also covering Asia, North America, Europe, and Australia, etc.
Applying for an ICP license can be a complicated process. Alibaba Cloud is well-experienced at helping international companies to connecting to digital China, and our professional ICP consulting support our professional ICP consulting support is just a click away.
Alibaba Cloud has a proven track record in providing high-performance. This includes processing up to 325,000 orders a second during “Double 11”, the world's largest e-commerce festival and hosting the railway ticket site 12306.cn, which records up to 150 billion page views a day leading up to the Chinese Spring Festival.
Alibaba Cloud's security products are providing services for 1 million organizations. We have set records in preventing 50% of large-scale DDoS attacks (over 50Gbps) in China and our Anti-DDoS product has set the bar high against password decoding and against the web attacks.
China Gateway Program
The China Gateway Program is an effort designed to help enterprises in all sectors to tap into and scale up in China. From market, policy, and business insights to navigating new regulations. Leverage Alibaba Cloud's expertise and resources.
The China Gateway program offers 24/7 support in addition to online and offline events throughout the year that give you the help needed to succeed.
Stay ahead of the game with market, technology, and regulation trends in China. Get assistance navigating the IT and data requirements needed to thrive in China.
With data centers in all major worldwide regions and the best coverage in China, Alibaba Cloud's coverage internationally is continuously expanding.
What Our Customers Say
We are impressed by Alibaba Cloud’s scalable and flexible technology and its strong ecosystem that enables us to rapidly deliver customized digital solutions for our Chinese customers.
Chinese customers are rapidly embracing new digital technologies including smarter vehicles and powerful new digital services. Ford needed to deliver customized digital solutions to meet the needs of these fast-paced, “always on” Chinese consumers. Using Alibaba Cloud’s mid-end platform solution, Ford built a new digital platform called “Ford Mall” in less than six months. The 2019 Ford Kuga features a new in-vehicle infotainment system entirely powered by Alibaba Cloud's AliOS. Also, through a partnership with Alibaba Cloud, Ford has brought the Transportation Mobility Cloud (TMC), the world’s leading transportation and mobility solution for connected vehicles, to China. Read the full story
Most of the (Shiseido technology) environment of the China Digital Strategy has been constructed and operated by Alibaba Cloud… with the help of Alibaba Cloud, we have also achieved the security standards.
China market is the driving force in promoting the growth of SHISEIDO. With characteristics including speed, scale, innovation, China achieved great progress in business digitalization especially in e-commerce and retail. SHISEIDO builds its online platform and most of China strategy on Alibaba Cloud to embrace such digitalization, and to meet the requirements of the new market. Meanwhile, Fast deployed, and reliable security solutions are also provided by Alibaba Cloud to meet standards specified by one of the most successful Japanese brand in the world-SHISEIDO. Read the full story
Costa and Alibaba Cloud began their partnership from an AI platform for Costa's call center. The AI solution which included Natural Language Processing, Question Answer Mapping, and Machine Learning, dramatically improved business efficiency as well as the customer journey.
Costa Cruises is the first international cruise company entering Chinese market in 2006. The pain points and challenges Costa Cruises is facing are to improve our work efficiency to more focus on creating value for customers. In the China market where exciting digital transformation is happening, Alibaba Cloud offers its insights on how satisfy the surging needs of Chinese consumers in the digital age, as well as providing tailored sophisticated data intelligence solutions that already have many proven successful stories in real-life scenario. With Alibaba Cloud, Costa Cruises deployed AI solution for their hotline, and digitalized their on-board newspaper to bring more value to Chinese customers. Read the full story
Alibaba Cloud has been a great partner for TeamViewer and a catalyst for our growth in the wider Chinese regions. We see great potential to further expand our partnership through Alibaba’s Cloud solutions.
China is a strategic and integral part of TeamViewer’s growth strategy as essentially all multinationals have offices there and it is becoming an international hub for innovation and new technologies. To ensure low latent, stable, reliable and accessible business services for customers, TeamViewer needed a local cloud provider that could offer a cost efficient and scalable cloud infrastructure. TeamViewer is using Alibaba Cloud’s Infrastructure as a Service to enhance its services throughout China. This partnership has delivered significant improvements to the quality, availability and reliability of their online services available in China. Read the full story
Working with someone like Alibaba allows us all to concentrate on the things that we are good at and not have the more logistical worry that something could go wrong elsewhere.
Territory Studio is a creative specialist with a unique approach to motion design, visual effects and digital experiences. Each day Territory produces a massive amount of data and was looking for a partner who could help them back up, protect and guarantee the safety of the data the studio regularly shares client sensitive information all over the world. For Territory, China is one of the fastest growing markets. But in China, incredible growth also means the desire to have the most up to date tech. For Territory, it is a beautiful mix of creativity and technology that they want to participate in but partnering with Alibaba Cloud gives them a leg up on the competition. Read the full story
Events and Resources
Step-by-step: everything you wanted to know about starting and scaling up in China.
An executive briefing on a co-host event with Deloitte: On Alibaba Cloud’s China Gateway strategy and program.
Explore Web Hosting solutions that can power your personal website or empower your online business.
Obtain an ICP Filing or ICP Commercial License to host your website in Mainland China.
A deep dive into ICP and regulatory compliance to internet infrastructure and the skills gap, etc.
A practical and action-oriented piece about hitting the ground, implementing tactics and making impact.
- 1. How to make “Innovate at the speed of China” possible?
- Operating in China would require you to be ready to innovate your business model regularly. Hence, it's imperative for you to work with a partner that has an open and innovative cloud platform with plenty of API & SDK of AI, IoT, and Big Data analytics capabilities – allowing you to deploy cutting edge technology at an incredibly fast pace.You don't have to look far for such a partner. An estuary of the Alibaba Group, Alibaba Cloud leverages its ecosystem, experience and technological capabilities to give you access to APIs and a comprehensive portfolio of products and services that have stood the through the test of time in China.
- 2. What are the advantages of hosting in Mainland China?
- Hosting in China is the best option to reduce latency and improve load speed. Load speed is crucial anywhere in the world and especially in a mobile-centric market such as China. In addition, hosting a website in China will improve search engine visibility. Chinese search engines typically rank websites hosted in Mainland China higher than those that are not.
- 3. Is ICP filing and license a must-have for operating a website in China?
- An ICP filing and license are two different matters in China. As long as you want a website to be hosted on a server in China, an ICP filing is mandatory. And if you want to make this website into a commercial one (i.e. to let it directly generate revenue), you’ll need to apply for ICP license. Alibaba Cloud is experienced at helping international companies connect to digital China, and our professional ICP consulting support our professional ICP consulting support is just a click away.
- 4. Is compliance a complicated issue to operate in China?
- Operating in China comes with the worry of complying with its regulations and policies. The fact is, China has 8 different laws that are related for private limited companies. On June 1, 2017, China’s Cybersecurity Law went into effect - marking an important milestone in China’s efforts to create strict guidelines on cyber governance. By finding a local partner that has a thorough understanding of the Chinese regulations, it could make it much easier for you to navigate through these waters. For partners of Alibaba Cloud, who has the most comprehensive compliance solutions in the Asia Pacific, compliance should not be a worry.
- 5. Do I need a Chinese domain name for my China website? What are the requirements?
- A Chinese (.cn) domain is optional and is not required to host in Mainland China. Purchasing a Chinese domain (.cn) is straightforward, as it requires only passport identification. A Chinese domain name application takes approximately 2-3 days to process and can be purchased from Alibaba Cloud.
- 6. Is the Internet slow in China?
- As China has a large population with fewer peering points than that of the U.S and Europe, this creates backlogs and may lead to slower Internet speed. China’s 710+ million Internet users are dispersed over vast distances and certain rural areas still rely on 2G networks. To overcome these connectivity barriers, Alibaba Cloud has seven data center regions in-country, with multiple availability zones in each region, as well as 1,000+ CDN nodes across Mainland China to provide network bandwidth peak at 200 Mbps.
- 7. Can users within Mainland China access my overseas-hosted website?
- Your website should be accessible in Mainland China but may face constraints in regards to latency, unavailability, and limited SEO visibility depending on the location of where your website is hosted.
- 8. We are worried about affecting users in the U.S. if we switch our website hosting to China. Do you have a recommended solution?
- A popular solution for companies wishing to serve multiple markets from one location is to host in Hong Kong. Hong Kong has low setup requirements and provides effective coverage for Mainland China and international regions. An alternative is to continue hosting in the U.S. and deliver your website to China via a Content Delivery Network (CDN). CDN offers a high-performance caching network to speed up your website delivery and manage spikes in traffic. Finally, there is the option of hosting your website in Mainland China or Hong Kong and linking to CDN nodes in the U.S. To deploy your website on a hosting server or CDN located in Mainland China, you will first need to obtain an ICP license.