Operation Orchestration Service (OOS) is an automated operations and maintenance (O&M) service provided by Alibaba Cloud. OOS allows you to manage and execute various types of O&M tasks, such as event-triggered tasks, batch operation tasks, scheduled tasks, and cross-region tasks. OOS also provides the approval and notification features. You can use OOS to manage diverse Alibaba Cloud services, such as Elastic Compute Service (ECS), ApsaraDB for RDS, Server Load Balancer (SLB), and Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
Automated Operations and Maintenance
- Efficient Batch Operations To enhance the O&M efficiency of batch operation tasks, you can use OOS to manage task progress, monitor task status, and troubleshoot execution errors.
- Automation Templates You can build automation templates based on O&M actions that are designed for Alibaba Cloud services. OOS provides a variety of public templates for daily O&M. You can select a template and modify it based on your business requirements.
- Visualized Execution and Management OOS provides a flowchart for each execution. You can use flowcharts to monitor the execution process of tasks, including the sequence in which tasks are executed, errors, task details, parameters, and outputs.
- Cross-region O&M OOS allows you to perform O&M actions across regions by using circular tasks. To perform cross-region O&M actions, you only need to specify the region ID of the corresponding action.
- Managed Service OOS provides a managed and serverless O&M service that enables automatic execution of O&M tasks. O&M tasks can be automatically executed without consuming computing resources.
- Batch Operation Tasks OOS allows you to run multiple O&M commands in a single task. You can perform O&M actions on multiple targets such as ECS instances at a time.
- Event-triggered Tasks OOS provides event-triggered tasks for Alibaba Cloud services. If a system event or custom event occurs, an O&M action is triggered. Automated task management improves O&M efficiency.
- Scheduled Tasks OOS allows you to create and run scheduled tasks. You can perform regular O&M actions by using scheduled tasks.
Regular Update of Images
Updates custom images of systems or applications on a regular basis
Enterprise users need to manage multiple types of custom images and update images on a regular basis based on system, application, and security requirements. These users can use OOS to reduce repetitive manual operations and improve O&M efficiency.
Eliminates the risks of low efficiency and misoperations that may be caused by human intervention
You do not need to manually create temporary instances by using source images. After you connect to an instance, the OOS template ensures that the update and release operations can be automatically performed.
Supports automatic integration with application updates and code publishing
You can use OOS templates by calling API operations to integrate OOS with existing O&M platforms and cloud service interfaces.
Management of Multiple Instances
Manages multiple ECS instances at a time based on tags
You can manage ECS instances based on their tags and perform O&M actions on multiple instances at a time. You can configure, deploy, and manage instances by performing O&M actions.
Manages ECS instances by tag
You can manage ECS instances based on their tags. You can specify tags such as OSType, AppVersion, and Env.
Minimizes the risk of batch operations
OOS allows you to run Cloud Assistant commands in batches and check whether the output meets your expectations before performing subsequent commands.
Management of Preemptible Instances
Automatically identifies instance release events and performs data dumping or instance switchover
Preemptible instances are suitable for stateless applications, such as scalable web services, image-based rendering, big data analysis, and large scale parallel computing. Preemptible instances may be released after the protection period expires. To ensure the overall stability of a cluster, you need to monitor the status of preemptible instances in a timely manner. Before a preemptible instance is released, OOS automatically switches workloads to another instance to ensure service continuity.
Monitors preemptible instances
OOS automatically identifies the status of preemptible instances based on instance release events.
Dumps data before an instance is released
Before a preemptible instance is released, OOS automatically dumps logs from the instance to another instance for persistent storage.
Switches workloads to a new instance
To release a preemptible instance, OOS automatically removes the instance from Server Load Balancer, creates a new instance, and then adds the new instance to Server Load Balancer.
Upgraded Support For You
1 on 1 Presale Consultation, 24/7 Technical Support, Faster Response, and More Tickets.