||Physical backup gateways are upgraded to improve the security of physical backup data.
||Add a backup gateway
||Backup set download fees
||Fees are charged for the downloads of backup sets over the Internet.
||Network traffic fees
||The emergency disaster recovery feature is further enhanced to allow you to create
a privileged account in a sandbox instance.
||Create a sandbox instance for emergency disaster recovery of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL
||Deletion of backup sets
||You can delete backup sets.
||Delete a backup set
||Emergency disaster recovery
||The emergency disaster recovery feature is enhanced.
||Create a sandbox instance for emergency disaster recovery of a self-managed MySQL
||For emergency instances, reading of binary log files is accelerated at the backend,
and snapshots can be generated based on binary log files without processing at the
- The issue that the error message "dataset not exist" is displayed when you release
a DBS sandbox instance is fixed.
- The issue of failing to restore a data source based on a backup schedule is fixed.
- The issue of failing to specify the port number of a public endpoint in the console
when you restore databases is fixed.
- The issue of failing to obtain valid instance and remap information when you perform
logical backups for PolarDB for Oracle databases is fixed.
||Network-attached storage (NAS) storage pool
||Self-managed Object Storage Service (OSS) buckets and NAS file systems are supported
in addition to the built-in storage space of DBS. This facilitates backup management.
||What is a storage pool?
- The issue of failing to delete expired backup sets is fixed.
- The issue of failing to redeploy machines due to the soft deletion of a backup gateway
- The issue of failing to enable incremental backup for MariaDB databases is fixed.
||True incremental-forever backup for an Oracle database
||Full backup and synthetic backup are supported to reduce backup costs and resource
overheads. This feature is in public preview. To use this feature, join the DingTalk group whose
ID is 35585947.
||Create a true incremental-forever backup for an Oracle database
|Backup gateway V0.0.113
- The parameter files that are used to create Oracle Windows services and Oracle standalone
databases are restored.
- A backup gateway can be configured at the frontend to disable databases before data
is restored and enable databases after data is restored.
||DBS is newly available on Alibaba Gov Cloud and in the China (Heyuan) and China (Ulanqab)
regions of the Alibaba Cloud public cloud.
||The issue of the repeated creation of incremental tasks for primary and secondary
MongoDB instances is fixed.
||Multi-level storage pool
||The multi-level storage pool feature is supported to allow data backups to be automatically
replicated across storage pools. Backup policies that use multi-level storage pools
are configured to manage on-premises and cloud databases and share data backups among
storage pools. This enhances security and reduces backup costs. This feature is in public preview. To use this feature, join the DingTalk group whose
ID is 35585947.
||Create a backup policy that uses multiple levels of storage pools
||The source deduplication feature is supported to back up only data that has been modified
since the last backup and ignore other data that has been backed up. This greatly
reduces bandwidth and storage costs. This feature is in public preview. To use this feature, join the DingTalk group whose
ID is 35585947.
||Source deduplication for MySQL databases
- The Supported regions operation is optimized to improve availability.
- The restoration feature is optimized so that a sandbox instance can be restored to
the point in time of the latest snapshot when the sandbox instance cannot be restored
to a specified point in time.
- Automatic access to data sources is disabled, which does not affect the backup set
synchronization feature of the backup schedules that have been synchronized.
||Configuration issues of the Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) region are fixed.
||The public preview period of the DBS sandbox feature ends on January 28, 2021. After
January 28, 2021, you are charged for the use of the sandbox feature.
|Backup for MySQL based on logs
||MySQL databases can be backed up based on binary logs by using the physical backup
method. This helps you achieve a recovery point objective (RPO) within seconds.
||Back up binary logs of a MySQL database