When using ECS, you may encounter various of issues, such conncting to the instance, resizing the disk, upgrade or downgrade the instance configurations, and use snapshots or images. This article provides you with a quick reference to popular features of ECS resources.
Operation instructions and limits
Create and manage ECS instances
To use an ECS instances, follow these steps:
- Create an ECS instance.
- Connect to the ECS instance. Use different methods according to its operating system:
- Use the Management Terminal regardless of the operating system. Generally, this method is used for troubleshooting and maintenance.
- For Linux or Unix-like OS: Connect to a Linux instance by using a password, or Connect to a Linux instance by using an SSH key pair.
- For Windows OS: Connect to a Windows instance
- Stop the ECS instance.
- Release the instance.
You can change the instance type, IP addresses, and network bandwidth of your instance if the configurations cannot meet your business needs.
- Subscription instances: Upgrade configurations of Subscription instances or Renew for configuration downgrade
If the current operating system does not meet your needs, you can change the operating system.
Create and manage cloud disks
To use a cloud disk as a data disk, follow these steps:
When the capacity of the system disks or data disks cannot meet your business needs, you can increase system disk size or resize the data disks. Increase system disk size. Operations vary depending on your operating system. Windows _ Resize a data disk.
When errors occur to data on a cloud disk, you can use a snapshot to roll back a cloud disk of the disk to restore data.
If you want to restore a cloud disk to its initial status after it is created, you can reinitialize a cloud disk.
If you want to copy data on an existing cloud disk to a new, empty cloud disk, you can create a cloud disk from a snapshot.
Create and manage snapshots
To use a snapshot, follow these steps:
- Create a snapshot by using either of the following methods:
- View a snapshot chain.
- To save space occupied by snapshots, delete unnecessary snapshots.
Create and manage custom images
Only custom images can be operated in the ECS console. Using custom images can simplify environment deployment.
You can own a custom image by using the following methods:
- Create a custom image using a snapshot
- Create a custom image by using an instance
- Use Packer to create a custom image
- Copy custom images across different regions.
- Share images across different accounts.
- Import custom images
- Create and import on-premise images by using Packer
Create and manage security groups
To use a security group, follow these steps:
Create and manage SSH key pairs
To use an SSH key pair, follow these steps:
- Create an SSH key pair, or import an SSH key pair.
- Bind a SSH key pair, or bind the SSH key pair after a Linux instance is created or when you create a Linux instance.
- Connect to a Linux instance by using an SSH key pair.
- Unbind an SSH key pair.
- Delete a SSH key pair.
Create and manage ENIs
To use an ENI, follow these steps:
You can use tags to group resources to improve efficiency. To use tags, follow these steps: