If you want to change the logon credential of an Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instance from an SSH key pair to a password, go to the ECS console and unbind the SSH key pair from the instance on the Key Pairs page. After you unbind the SSH key pair and reset the password of the instance, you can use the new password to log on to the instance. This topic describes how to unbind an SSH key pair.
PrerequisitesAn SSH key pair is bound to an ECS instance. For more information, see Bind an SSH key pair to an instance.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Find the SSH key pair that you want to unbind and click Unbind in the Actions column.
- In the Unbind dialog box, select the name of the instance to which the SSH key pair is bound and click the > icon to move the instance to the Selected column. Then, click OK.
- Restart or start the instance in the ECS console for the Unbind operation to take effect.