You can delete security group rules that are no longer needed from a security group.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Security Groups page, find the security group from which you want to delete a security group rule and click Add Rules in the Actions column.
- Select the direction of security group rules.
- If the security group resides in a virtual private cloud (VPC), click the Inbound or Outbound tab.
- If the security group resides in the classic network, click the Inbound, Outbound, Internet Ingress or Internet Egress tab.
- Find the security group rule that you want to delete and click Delete in the Actions column.
- In the Delete Security Group Rule message, click OK.
You can specify a rule ID when you call the RevokeSecurityGroup operation to delete an inbound security group rule, or when you call the RevokeSecurityGroupEgress operation to delete an outbound security group rule.