This topic describes how to purchase reserved instances in the ECS console.
- Before you purchase reserved instances, make sure that the pay-as-you-go instances that you want to match meet the requirements for applying reserved instances. For more information, see Overview.
- You cannot manually manage how reserved instances and pay-as-you-go instances are matched. Make sure that you understand the matching rules for reserved instances. For more information, see Match between reserved instances and pay-as-you-go instances.
Log on to the ECS console.
In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
In the upper-left corner of the top navigation bar, select a region.
- Click Purchase Reserved Instance.
- Configure region-related parameters.
- Select a region.
- Set Resource Reservation.Note Only zonal reserved instances support resource reservation. Regional reserved instances apply to pay-as-you-go instances of different sizes in different zones within the same region.
- Select a zone.
- Configure instance-related parameters.
- Select an instance type.Note You must select an instance type when you purchase a regional reserved instance. The regional reserved instance can match any pay-as-you-go instances of the specified instance family within the specified region regardless of size.
- Set Operating System Platform.You can select Linux or Windows.Note The reserved instance matches only pay-as-you-go instances that use the selected type of operating system. The operating system of an reserved instance cannot be changed after you purchase the reserved instance.
To apply a reserved instance to pay-as-you-go instances created from Bring Your Own License (BYOL) images, submit a ticket.
- Set Payment Option.All Upfront, Partial Upfront, and No Upfront are available. For more information, see Reserved instance billing.
- Select an instance type.
- Configure purchase-related parameters.
- Optional:Set Name.
- Set Term.You can select 1 Month, 1 Year, 3 Years, or 5 Years.
- Set Quantity. The reserved instance can match the specified number of pay-as-you-go instances of the specified instance type. For example, if the instance type is ecs.g5.large and Quantity is set to 3, the reserved instance can match three pay-as-you-go instances of the ecs.g5.large instance type.
- Configure tags.You can add tags for multiple types of Alibaba Cloud resources. You can use tags to perform cost sharing, monitoring by group, and automated O&M by group. For more information, see Overview.
- Read and select ECS Terms of Service and then click Purchase.
- In the message that appears, confirm that the parameters are correct and click Create Order.
- Read the payment information and then click Subscribe.