Simple Application Server is a new generation computing service for stand-alone application scenarios. It provides one-click application deployment and supports all-in-one services such as domain name resolution, website publishing, security, O&M, and application management. This optimizes the user experience of setting up a simple application and makes it easier for entry-level users to use cloud computing products.
Download Product Data Sheet to learn more about Simple Application Server.
- Quick Start Initiate an application in just 30 seconds with one-click
- Cost-effective Monthly package payments as low as $4.50 a month
- All-in-one Experience Single interface integration for domain name resolution, website publishing, and server management operations
- Range of Images and Applications Alibaba Cloud's carefully curated Marketplace provides a wide selection of popular images to choose from
- Common application images and system images carefully curated by Alibaba Cloud.- Cloud server computing resources, SSD-based storage, and network resources.- Integrates with Alibaba Cloud's other basic product functions (including DNS and VPC).
The image of Simple Application Server comprises of the: (i) application image; and (ii) system image.
- The application image comprises of the following components: applications and related initialization data, running environment required for applications, and the underlying OS. After the application image is installed, applications can be directly started with Simple Application Server by making changes to the initialization information, which reduces the number of upload and installation steps required for an application, achieving “out-of-box” application deployment.- The system image only comprises of the initial OS and does not comprise any application and environment information. This provides a pure initial environment and you can install required applications as needed. It is suitable for users who know the system and application environment configurations well.
Network of Simple Application Server is an ECS-based Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Public network:
A public network PublicIP (which cannot be added individually) is configured for each Simple Application Server, and fixed public network bandwidth communication is also configured. Note: the public network PublicIP for a VPC is a NAT IP address, which cannot be queried through command lines through the machine.
Multiple Simple Application Server instances in the same account are in the same VPC Intranet by default. Interconnection among multiple instances is achieved through Intranet. Intranet has a 1Gbps shared bandwidth.
Simple Application Server integrates with multiple Alibaba Cloud products to help you set up and manage applications. The main types are as follows and will be added in the future.
- Domain name resolution, specifying a domain name and directing the domain name to an IP address to a current server.- HTTPS encrypted access (CA certificate), configuring HTTPS encrypted access for web services by specifying the purchased CA certificate.- VPC Intranet: multiple Simple Application Server instances in the same account are in the same VPC Intranet by default.
How it works
1. What is Simple Application Server?
Simple Application Server is a new computing service designed as a standalone application. It provides one-click application deployment, supports all-in-one services such as domain name resolution, website publishing, security, O&M, and application management. This greatly optimizes the experience of setting up a simple application and makes it easier for entry-level users to operate and use cloud computing products.
2. What resources does Simple Application Server comprise of?
Package of Simple Application Server comprises of:
- Common application images and system images carefully compiled by Alibaba Cloud,
- Cloud server computing resources, SSD-based storage, and free traffic packages with a certain capacity,
- Integrates with Alibaba Cloud's other basic product functions (such as DNS and VPC).
3. What can Simple Application Server do?
Simple Access Management can be used to create a personal blog or enterprise website, learning/development environment, and small e-commerce websites.
4. Which operation systems are currently supported by Simple Application Server?
Simple Application Server can be used to create a personal blog or enterprise website, learning/development environment, and small e-commerce websites.
5. How is traffic for Simple Application Server charged?
Simple Application Server provides a monthly package of resources whereby traffic is calculated each month. If the traffic exceeds the upper limit of the package in the present month, the exceeding traffic will be charged by Pay-As-You-Go.
6. Which programs or software can I run on Simple Application Server?
Simple Application Server provides a large variety of applications via images such as WordPress, LAMP, Drupal, Joomla !,Ghost, Opencart.
You can also log on to the server and download and install other applications.
7. How do I access Simple Application Server instances?
Simple Application Server provides a browser-based Web SSH connection tool. You can access the Linux/Unix server with one-click from the console or log on to the Windows server through a browser.
Similarly, you can access the Linux/Unix server via the local SSH client or access the Windows server via the RDP client.
8. How do I back up data in Simple Application Server instances?
Simple Application Server provides a snapshot for backing up server data. Three snapshots are available for each instance.
9. Which regions can Simple Application Server be deployed in?
Simple Application Server can be deployed in US West (Silicon Valley), and Asia Pacific SE 2 (Sydney)，EU Central 1 (Frankfurt)，Hong Kong and Asia Pacific SE 1 (Singapore). The product will be deployed in other regions in the future.
10. How is Simple Application Server billed?
Simple Application Server provides a monthly package with a fixed charge.
11. Which limitations are required for Simple Application Server?
Each user can run up to 20 Simple Application Servers simultaneously. A maximum of three snapshots(total of up to 15) and 50 firewall rules can be created for each server.
Pre-installed software in /usr/local of /home/staragent/, /usr/local/aegis, and /usr/local/cloudmonitor is a program and library file relied by the environment and cannot be freely modified.
Port 25 of the server cannot be used to send a mail externally. If you need to send a mail externally, you can use port 465 to send a mail using an external mailbox.
12.What is the peak bandwidth of Simple Application Server? Can this be modified?
The peak bandwidth of Simple Application Server instances is 30Mbps. This cannot be modified by the user. If you need higher peak bandwidth, we suggest you purchase ECS separately. ECS separately and set the peak bandwidth up to 200Mbps.