Simple Application Server is a new generation computing service for stand-alone application scenarios. It provides one-click application deployment and supports all-in-one services such as domain name resolution, website publishing, security, O&M, and application management. This optimizes the user experience of setting up a simple application and makes it easier for entry-level users to use cloud computing products.
- Flat Pricing Data transfer plan packaged with SSD cloud server, starting from $3.50 per month. Same price for renewals.
- Globally Accessible Currently, 11 data center regions are available across the globe. Find one that best meets your needs.
- Simplifies Development Provides a wide selection of popular images to choose from (WordPress, LAMP, etc.)
- Easy-to-use Console One-stop management console simplifies operations including domain name resolution, application deployment and server management.
Cost-effective server for developing software and testing
1 Core CPU
0.5 GB Memory
20 GB SSD Cloud Disk
1 TB Data Transfer
Original: $ 3.50 / Month
For Personal Websites
Perfect for building websites and personal blogs
1 Core CPU
1 GB Memory
20 GB SSD Cloud Disk
1 TB Data Transfer
For Web Applications
Suitable for e-commerce websites and web applications
1 Core CPU
2 GB Memory
40 GB SSD Cloud Disk
1.50 TB Data Transfer
For Enterprise Software
Suitable for small business software and enterprise applications
2 Core CPU
2 GB Memory
60 GB SSD Cloud Disk
2 TB Data Transfer
Popular Images Available
- Common application images and system images carefully curated by Alibaba Cloud.- Cloud server computing resources, SSD-based storage, and network resources.- Integrates with Alibaba Cloud's other basic product functions (including DNS and VPC).
The image of Simple Application Server comprises of the: (i) application image; and (ii) system image.
- The application image comprises of the following components: applications and related initialization data, running environment required for applications, and the underlying OS. After the application image is installed, applications can be directly started with Simple Application Server by making changes to the initialization information, which reduces the number of upload and installation steps required for an application, achieving “out-of-box” application deployment.- The system image only comprises of the initial OS and does not comprise any application and environment information. This provides a pure initial environment and you can install required applications as needed. It is suitable for users who know the system and application environment configurations well.
Network of Simple Application Server is an ECS-based Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Public network:
A public network PublicIP (which cannot be added individually) is configured for each Simple Application Server, and fixed public network bandwidth communication is also configured. Note: the public network PublicIP for a VPC is a NAT IP address, which cannot be queried through command lines through the machine.
Multiple Simple Application Server instances in the same account are in the same VPC Intranet by default. Interconnection among multiple instances is achieved through Intranet. Intranet has a 1Gbps shared bandwidth.
Simple Application Server integrates with multiple Alibaba Cloud products to help you set up and manage applications. The main types are as follows and will be added in the future.
- Domain name resolution, specifying a domain name and directing the domain name to an IP address to a current server.- HTTPS encrypted access (CA certificate), configuring HTTPS encrypted access for web services by specifying the purchased CA certificate.- VPC Intranet: multiple Simple Application Server instances in the same account are in the same VPC Intranet by default.
How it works
Certification course: Using SAS to Publish an Opencart E-commerce Website
In this Clouder course, you will learn how to launch an e-commerce website using Alibaba Cloud's SAS service and configure OpenCart to fit your needs.
Upgraded Support For You
1 on 1 Presale Consultation, 24/7 Technical Support, Faster Response, and More Free Tickets.
- What is Simple Application Server?
- Simple Application Server is a new computing service designed as a standalone application. It provides one-click application deployment, supports all-in-one services such as domain name resolution, website publishing, security, O&M, and application management. This greatly optimizes the experience of setting up a simple application and makes it easier for entry-level users to operate and use cloud computing products.
- What resources does Simple Application Server comprise of?
- Simple Application Server is composed of elastic computing resources (including computing/storage/network) provided by Alibaba Cloud, popular system images and application images, DNS, snapshot, firewall, etc.
- What can Simple Application Server do?
- Simple Application Server can be used to create a personal blog or enterprise website, learning/development environment, and small e-commerce websites.
- Which operation systems are currently supported by Simple Application Server?
- CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Windows 2008, Windows 2012, etc. More images will be provided in the future.
- How is traffic for Simple Application Server charged?
- Simple Application Server provides a monthly package of resources whereby traffic is calculated each month. If the traffic exceeds the upper limit of the package in the present month, the exceeding traffic will be charged by Pay-As-You-Go.
- Which programs or software can I run on Simple Application Server?
- Simple Application Server provides a variety of applications through images such as WordPress, LAMP, Drupal, Joomla !,Ghost, Opencart, etc. You can also download and install other applications.
- How do I access Simple Application Server instances?
- Simple Application Server provides a browser-based Web SSH connection tool. You can access the Linux/Unix server with one-click from the console or log on to the Windows server through a browser.
Similarly, you can access the Linux/Unix server via the local SSH client or access the Windows server via the RDP client.
- How do I back up data in Simple Application Server instances?
- Simple Application Server provides a snapshot for backing up server data. Three snapshots are available for each instance.
- Which regions can Simple Application Server be deployed in?
- Simple Application Server can be deployed in US West(Silicon Valley), US East(Virginia), Australia (Sydney), Germany (Frankfurt), China(Hong Kong), Singapore, Indonesia(Jakarta), Japan(Tokyo), Malaysia(Kuala Lumpur), India(Mumbai) and UK (London). The product will be deployed in other regions in the future.
- How is Simple Application Server billed?
- Simple Application Server provides a monthly package with a fixed charge. In addition, if you exceed the data transfer provided within the package, an additional fee will be incurred.
- Which limitations are required for Simple Application Server?
- Each user can run up to 20 Simple Application Servers simultaneously. A maximum of three snapshots(total of up to 15) and 50 firewall rules can be created for each server.
Pre-installed software in /usr/local of /home/staragent/, /usr/local/aegis, and /usr/local/cloudmonitor is a program and library file relied by the environment and cannot be freely modified.
Port 25 of the server cannot be used to send a mail externally. If you need to send a mail externally, you can use port 465 to send a mail using an external mailbox.
- What is the peak bandwidth of Simple Application Server? Can this be modified?
- The maximum peak bandwidth of Simple Application Server instances is 30Mbps. This cannot be modified by the user. If you need higher peak bandwidth, we suggest you purchase ECS separately and set the peak bandwidth up to 200Mbps.