Dedicated Host (DDH) is a fully managed server hosting service that Alibaba Cloud provides for enterprise users. DDH offers dedicated physical resources, flexible deployment options, rich configurations, and high cost-effectiveness. Each tenant can use dedicated physical resources that are not shared with other tenants. Similar to regular ECS instances, ECS instances that are deployed on DDH can be connected across VPCs and easily scaled to suit your business requirements.
- Lower Deployment Costs Provides CPU-overprovisioned dedicated hosts to increase the deployment density for services of low CPU usages. This reduces the cost of migrating services to the cloud. For single-instance deployment, the cost can be reduced by up to 48%.
- Increased Deployment Flexibility You can create ECS instances on specified dedicated hosts to meet the requirements of different projects and services. ECS instances can be migrated among different dedicated hosts or from multi-tenant environments to dedicated hosts.
- Higher Level of Isolation DDH offers exclusive physical resources such as CPUs, memory, and network interface controllers for each user to ensure the highest level of isolation. Each host has assigned a globally unique machine ID, which can be used to meet the security compliance or audit requirements of different industries or enterprises.
- More Performance Visibility You can obtain DDH performance metrics by using CloudMonitor and API operations. The metrics such as CPU utilization, network traffic, and disk load are provided for both dedicated hosts and ECS instances to help you monitor service performance.
- Higher Service Availability When a dedicated host fails, instances are automatically migrated to a new healthy server without the need to prepare backup servers. You can migrate ECS instances among dedicated hosts and perform load balancing without service interruptions.
- Faster Scaling A dedicated host can be created and become available in 10 to 20 seconds. Instances can be hosted immediately without additional virtualization configuration. You can scale your resource pool for your workloads within seconds.