This topic describes how to create a subscription dedicated host in the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) console.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Dedicated Hosts page, click Create DDH.
- On the page that appears, complete the following configurations:
- Billing Method: Select Subscription.
- Region: Select the target region where you want to create the dedicated host.
For example, to create a dedicated host in Beijing, select China (Beijing). For more information about the regions and zones, see Regions and zones.
- Set the Dedicated Host Type and DDH Name, and specify the quantity.
For more information about dedicated host types, see Dedicated host types.Note When you select a dedicated host type, note the following information:
- The selected dedicated host type determines the instance family and number of the ECS instances that can be run on the dedicated host.
- ECS instances that run on dedicated hosts with local SSDs cannot be migrated.
- In the DDH Settings section, complete the following configurations.
Name Description Allow Automatic Deployment
- If you enable automatic deployment, the system automatically deploys ECS instances on the dedicated host. When you create an ECS instance, you can select automatic deployment. The system automatically selects a dedicated host that supports automatic deployment to deploy the ECS instance. For more information, see Application scenarios for automatic deployments.
- If you disable automatic deployment, you must manually deploy ECS instances on a dedicated host. When you create an ECS instance, you must specify a dedicated host.
Automatic Deployment is enabled by default.
Automatic Instance Migration upon DDH Failure
Automatic Instance Migration upon DDH Failure is enabled by default. You can modify the configurations after you create the dedicated host. For more information, see Modify the automatic instance migration configuration for a DDH.Note Dedicated hosts with local disks, such as local SSD i2, do not support the automatic instance migration feature.
- If you enable automatic instance migration and your dedicated host fails, the instances deployed on the dedicated hosts are automatically migrated to a replacement dedicated host.
- If you disable automatic instance migration and your dedicated host fails, you must submit a ticket to apply for a replacement dedicated host.
Set UDP Session Timeout Period This option is applicable to scenarios where you need to customize the timeout period for UDP sessions. The specified timeout period for UDP sessions applies to all ECS instances that are created on the dedicated host. Select this parameter if you want to apply custom settings.
- Set Duration and decide whether to enable Auto-renewal.
- Optional: Add tags.
You can assign tags to dedicated hosts and manage them in groups. For more information, see Tag overview.
- Read and agree to the Dedicated Host Terms of Service.
- Confirm the Cost and click Preview.
- In the Preview dialog box, confirm the configurations and click Create.
- Follow the instructions and complete the payment.