This topic describes how to create a subscription Dedicated Host (DDH) in the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) console.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Dedicated Hosts.
- On the Dedicated Hosts page, click Create DDH.
- On the DDH creation page that appears, specify the following configuration:
- Billing Method: Select Subscription.
- Region: Select the region of the DDH.
For example, to create a DDH in Beijing, select China (Beijing). For more information about the regions and zones, see Regions and zones.
- Set Dedicated Host Type and DDH Name, and specify the quantity.
For more information about the supported DDH types, see Dedicated host types.Note When selecting a DDH type, note the following information:
- The selected DDH type determines the type family and quantity of the ECS instances that can be run on the DDH.
- ECS instances cannot be migrated between DDHs with local SSDs.
- DDH Settings: Select Automatic Instance Migration upon DDH Failure as required. This check box is selected by default. Select Set UDP Session Timeout Period as required.
With the automatic instance migration feature enabled, if a DDH is shut down due to a failure, the instances running on the DDH are automatically migrated to a normal DDH. You can modify the configuration after creating the DDH. For more information, see Modify the automatic instance migration configuration for a DDH.Note DDHs with local disks such as local SSD i2 do not support the automatic instance migration feature.
- Set Duration and select Auto-Renew as required.
- After reading and confirming the terms of service, select Dedicated Host Terms of Service.
- Confirm the cost.
- Click Preview.
- In the Preview dialog box that appears, confirm the configuration and click Create Order.
- Pay for the order as prompted.