This topic describes how to create a subscription dedicated host in the Elastic Compute Service (ECS) console.
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Dedicated Hosts page, click Create DDH.
- On the page that appears, complete the following configurations:
- Billing Method: Select Subscription.
- Region: Select a region and a zone where you want to create a dedicated host.For example, to create a dedicated host in the China (Beijing) region, select China (Beijing) from the drop-down list. For more information, see Regions and zones.
- Dedicated Host Type, DDH Name, and Quantity: Select a dedicated host type, enter a dedicated host name, and then
specify the quantity of dedicated hosts that you want to purchase.The ECS instance families and the maximum number of ECS instances that can run on a dedicated host depend on the type of the dedicated host. The host types g6s, c6s, and r6s allow you to customize the vCPU-to-memory ratio. This allows you to flexibly allocate computing resources when you create ECS instances. For more information about dedicated host types, see Dedicated host types.Notice You cannot perform a manual migration of ECS instances from local SSD dedicated hosts such as Local SSD type i2 to Alibaba Cloud. In addition, you cannot perform an automatic migration of ECS instances from local SSD dedicated hosts to Alibaba Cloud. If a local SSD hosts fails, you can submit a ticket to apply for manual migration. However, the data in the local disk is lost after migration.
- Optional:Add tags.To manage dedicated hosts in groups, you can add a tag to each dedicated host. For more information, see Overview.
- Optional:Select a resource group.If you need to manage dedicated hosts by authorization, you can add them to a resource group. For more information about resource groups, see Resource groups.
- In the DDH Settings section, complete the following configurations.
Parameter Description Allow Automatic Deployment
- If you select Allow Automatic Deployment, dedicated hosts are available for automatic ECS instance deployment. If you enable the automatic deployment feature for the instances when you create ECS instances, the system selects an available dedicated host on which the ECS instances are deployed. For more information, see Automatic deployment.
- If you clear Allow Automatic Deployment, you must specify a dedicated host on which the ECS instances are deployed. Therefore, you must also specify the dedicated host when you create the ECS instances.
By default, the Allow Automatic Deployment option is selected.
Automatic Instance Migration upon DDH Failure
By default, the Automatic Instance Migration upon DDH Failure option is selected. You can change this setting after the dedicated host is created. For more information, see Modify the automatic instance migration configuration for a DDH.Note This option is unavailable for local SSD hosts.
- If you select Automatic Instance Migration upon DDH Failure, the ECS instances on the dedicated host are automatically migrated to a healthy dedicated host if the original dedicated host fails.
- If you disable the automatic instance migration feature when your dedicated host fails, you must submit a ticket to apply for a new dedicated host.
Set UDP Session Timeout Period If you want to customize the timeout period for UDP sessions, select this option. The specified timeout period for UDP sessions is applied to all ECS instances that are created on the dedicated host.
- Select a subscription duration. Select or clear the Enable Auto-renewal option based on your business requirements.
- Read and accept the Dedicated Host Terms of Service.
- In the lower-right corner, confirm the Total cost and click Preview.
- In the Preview dialog box, confirm the configurations and click Create Order.
- On the page that appears, follow the instructions to complete the payment.