Download the Alibaba Cloud Web Application Hosting Solution architecture.
Developing and deploying a scalable, globally-available web application on conventional data centers involves a lot of manual effort which results in lower efficiency and return on investment (ROI). High peaks and oscillating traffic lead to either under-provisioning or overprovisioning of resources.
- When a user request is received on your website, it is served by the nearest Alibaba Cloud DNS server which resolves the domain name and automatically routes it to the infrastructure running on Alibaba Cloud services.
- The user request is then handled by a web traffic distribution service, Server Load Balancer, which automatically distributes incoming application traffic among multiple ECS instances in a round robin manner. Both application and web servers are hosted on scalable ECS instances provisioned in multiple availability zones. To store and manage relational data, application servers are connected to ApsaraDB for RDS databases.
- Hassle-free deployment
- On-demand server provisioning
- No single-point-of-failure (SPOF)
- Multi-layered security protection