Live shopping is the next revenue driver for global retailers and livestreaming service providers. Alibaba Cloud ApsaraVideo Live, an end-to-end livestreaming solution, lets you engage shoppers via a live shopping platform across social media, apps, and websites with high definition and low latency livestreaming capabilities. ApsaraVideo Live provides streaming and video playing SDKs that incorporate Taobao and Tmall’s years of e-commerce experience into features, such as product advertisement insertion, real-time audio and subtitle translation, human interaction, and picture-in-picture product promotion. This makes ApsaraVideo Live an out-of-the-box live shopping solution that can also record the shopping video and play it back through ApsaraVideo VOD.
One-Stop, End-to-End Livestreaming Solution
This solution incorporates the entire livestreaming workflow into one product, ApsaraVideo Live, from video streaming, processing, content delivering to the edge, playing over a secure, fast, and reliable global CDN network.
How It Works
The upstreaming SDK provides easy-to-use APIs compatible with iOS and Android and third-party upstreaming software. Its network-adaptive capabilities and popular functions, such as facial beautification, improve the user experience for streamers.
• Transcoding: Adaptive Bitrate Streaming (ABR) adjusts video resolution according to shoppers' network conditions for a smooth viewing experience. Digital Rights Management (DRM) supports Widevine and Fairplay to protect copyright.
• Cloud Program Directing: This solution supports ad insertion, brand logo display, product-commercial integration, and customized picture layout, to enhance product promotion. It also supports audio/text recognition and two-way translation between Chinese, English, French, Spanish, and Russian in real-time, with built-in language templates for quick and flexible use in cross-region scenarios.
• Processing: Video moderation recognizes inappropriate content to guarantee compliance. You can record videos in ApsaraVideo VOD to edit later or replay to shoppers.
Alibaba Cloud's CDN and webrtc-based RTS protocol bring latency down to 2 seconds in global networks. The Video Play SDK is compatible with multiple mainstream platforms and devices. Instant Messaging (IM) SDK provides social features, such as live commenting and thumb-up reactions for live interactions.
Provide high-definition and uninterrupted live audio and video servicesLearn More
Build secure, scalable, and highly customizable VOD platforms and applications with efficientLearn More
Process and distribute end-to-end live streams ingested from mobile devicesLearn More
- Highly Concurrent Playback Streams
- High Coverage of Global CDN Nodes
- Low-Cost Deployment
- HD Transcoding Quality
- Real-Time Streaming
- Low-Cost Bandwidth
- Room Creation
- Background Music
- Facial Beautification
Security and Compliance
SOC2 Type II Report
Customer Success Stories
Tokopedia is the leading marketplace platform in Indonesia, empowering millions of merchants and consumers to participate in the future of commerce. Tokopedia’s vision is to build an ecosystem where everyone can start and discover anything with ease.
Alibaba Cloud provided Tokopedia with a one-stop solution to access the livestreaming market. The video upstreaming SDK and player SDK save R&D costs, and CDN global acceleration solution optimizes links and resources for Indonesia and Southeast Asian countries to ensure fast and stable user access, and supports high concurrency and low latency.
Livestreaming, the Next Big Thing in E-Commerce
This whitepaper introduces the Livestreaming for E-Commerce solution and explains how it provides an in-person shopping experience online.
Alibaba Cloud Launches New Livestreaming E-commerce Solution at Its Cloud Summit
Alibaba Cloud unveiled a new one-stop e-commerce livestreaming solution to help global merchants of all sizes offer personalized online shopping experience.
ApsaraVideo Live Stream Ingest SDK
Learn more about the stream ingest SDK of ApsaraVideo Live and how to integrate it with iOS and Android platforms