AWS PK Google Cloud: A Comparison Between Cloud Giants
Aws vs gcp pricing 2022 if an enterprise is at a crossroads in choosing a cloud computing provider, a more complete understanding is required to make a decision. Here are the key differences between the two global computing giants. Before diving in, let's get an overview of the two companies aws vs gcp pricing 2022.
Evolution of AWS
Founded in 2006, AWS is a cloud computing service provider with various services and facilities. From the very beginning, the AWS cloud platform has played a vital role in the global cloud computing market. The company's business has consistently performed well and has been selected again as a Leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Cloud Computing Infrastructure-as-a-Service in 2020.
Aws vs gcp pricing 2022 as a mature cloud platform, users can access AWS cloud platform using a wide range of cloud services. In the field of cloud computing, AWS is often referred to as the industry leader in storage, networking, deployment, and analytics, as it can provide solutions for almost all related needs aws vs gcp pricing 2022.
The evolution of Google Cloud
Google Cloud is another well-known cloud computing provider in the global cloud computing field. The company was established in 2011 as a cloud computing service division provided by Google, aiming to allow users to make full use of Google's infrastructure.
The following describes the main differences between AWS Cloud Platform and Google Cloud Platform, AWS platform is mainly known for its cloud storage solutions and offers Amazon S3 storage.
• Data transmitted via Google Cloud Services is fully encrypted. The AWS cloud platform processes data in a common format.
• The volume sizes for both are different. Volume sizes are 1GB to 64TB in Google Cloud and 500GB to 16TB in AWS.
• Using the AWS cloud platform, users can use cloud computing-based disaster recovery services. And Google Cloud is known for its excellent backup service.
(1) Advantages of AWS
Currently, AWS owns 31% of the global cloud computing market and is the industry leader in providing innovative technologies in the cloud computing market. Although it has a higher market share, it also faces more responsibilities.
The following are the main advantages of the AWS cloud platform:
• If a business needs updates and more functionality, the AWS cloud platform is ideal.
• If the enterprise has an in-house DevOps team to configure and manage the infrastructure, choosing the AWS cloud platform is perfect for projects with high computing requirements.
• AWS provides various automation capabilities such as setup configuration and scaling.
• Looking for a cost-effective option? AWS is an excellent choice because businesses only pay for what they use. It does not bind users to long-term commitments.
(2) Advantages of Google Cloud
Google Cloud is provided by Google Inc. Here are the advantages of Google Cloud Platform:
• If enterprises want to adopt future-proof infrastructure, they can choose Google Cloud. It's surprisingly accessible, and employees of a business can access it from anywhere. Therefore, if remote work is the main motivation for enterprises to turn to cloud platforms.
• Google Cloud provides built-in powerful data analysis capabilities. As a result, businesses can make data-driven decisions using Google Cloud.
• The serverless environment enables easy and efficient adoption of cloud computing services by end users, and also offers a wide range of big data and machine learning products.
(3) Features that stand out from AWS
• AWS comes with centralized billing and management.
• Offers the best hybrid capabilities on the cloud computing market.
• Low total cost of ownership compared to other private servers.
(4) Features that stand out from Google Cloud
• Easier adoption of Google Cloud services through a simplified user interface.
• Wide range of network access.
• Provide on-demand self-service facilities.
• Provides more language and operating system support.
(5) Disadvantages of AWS cloud platform
While the AWS cloud platform does a great job, it's not perfect. Here are some of the main disadvantages of AWS:
• AWS deployments don't have any error descriptions, which means that if there is an error, the business could be bogged down by not providing any clues.
•• Difficulty solving technical details. Enterprises can only try it if they have reliable technical and knowledge support.
• When using AWS cloud services, you need to solve problems on your own. And app development will be done by businesses using tools like Capistrano.
• If your business needs to run multiple instances of your application, don't go with AWS because it's a chore.
(6) Disadvantages of Google Cloud
Google Cloud aims to make cloud computing easy. But there are also some disadvantages:
• It has several widgets that are difficult to get started with.
• Always be ready to pay once you have used the facilities available in the free version.
• In terms of features, Google Cloud lags behind AWS.
AWS vs. Google Cloud - A Comparison of Cloud Giants
By now, one must be clear about the fact that if one of the cloud giants dominates the global cloud computing space, one must be thinking of AWS and Google Cloud. The following is a comparison of these two cloud giants, such as their market revenue characteristics, prices offered, etc.
(1) AWS vs. Google Cloud: Which has more market revenue in 2021?
Google Cloud's revenue rose 18% in the first quarter of 2020, driven by significant growth in Google Meetings. That's a huge amount, and by the end of 2021, Google Cloud's revenue is expected to reach $10 billion. AWS, on the other hand, had nearly $10 billion in revenue in 2019. AWS hit another record in 2020 with $45.3 billion in revenue, far surpassing Google Cloud.
Winner - If you compare market value, AWS is the clear winner. It is the global market leader in Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). AWS has a 31% share of the cloud computing market.
(2) AWS vs. Google Cloud: Free Tier 2021
AWS Cloud Platform charges by the hour, while Google Cloud Platform charges by the minute. If you compare the free tiers offered by the two cloud giants, Google Cloud offers more features, such as offering a 90-day free trial and offering $300 in free cloud billing credits. It also grants full access to features like Compute Engine, Cloud Storage, and BigQuery. The price of Google Cloud Storage is 20% lower than that offered by AWS.
The AWS Cloud Platform offers 12-month, always free, and trial options in the free tier, with options that vary for each product. So it's hard to figure out its overall picture.
Winner - On clear terms, Google Cloud is the winner here.
(3) AWS vs. Google Cloud: Features and Services Available in 2021
AWS is a clear winner here, with more than 200 features offered by the AWS cloud platform compared to Google Cloud's less than 95.
Both Google Cloud and AWS have introduced some new features in 2020. Google Cloud provides users with BigQuery Omni, a new multi-cloud analytics solution; Confidential VM for running workloads in Google Cloud; Assured Workloads for Government for automating workload control; and Customer-to-Community (C2C) Allow customers to easily connect and share with each other.
AWS is not far behind in this regard, with its customers getting more new features such as AWS Control Tower, a new management console for Amazon ECS for creating, editing, viewing, and deleting Amazon ECS services and tasks; AWS IoT Site Wise Monitor now supports AWS Cloud Formation; AWS Data Exchange Publisher Coordination Service and AWS Data Exchange Subscriber Coordination Service in the AWS Solutions Implementation category.
While the AWS cloud platform offers so many features, it is only useful and feasible in large enterprises with specific requirements. In contrast, Google Cloud is easy for even small businesses or individuals to adopt.
Winner - AWS Cloud Platform for More Features and Best Serverless Architecture Practices
(4) AWS vs. Google Cloud: Market Coverage in 2021
When looking at global reach, AWS once again succeeded and beat Google Cloud as Google Cloud Platform was in 24 regions and 35 countries worldwide as of September 2020. Whereas AWS operates in 245 countries. Over time, AWS will add more and more data centers. Therefore, if an enterprise is looking for continuous and uninterrupted support, the AWS cloud platform is an ideal choice.
Winner - AWS has a wider market reach.
The market competition between AWS and Google Cloud is fierce today. Both cloud giants have the ability to fully meet customer needs. When making a decision to choose a cloud computing service provider, an enterprise should always consider factors such as needs, budget, required features, technical capabilities of the team, and functional needs.
Understanding all of these things can be difficult at times. In this case, enterprises can seek the help of professional consulting agencies to solve the problem. With their help, it will be easier to understand requirements and make prudent choices. Alternatively, seek help from AWS consulting partners or Google Cloud deployment experts.
Knowledge Base Team
Knowledge Base Team
Knowledge Base Team
Knowledge Base Team
Explore More Special Offers
50,000 email package starts as low as USD 1.99, 120 short messages start at only USD 1.00