Web hosting migration is one of the most common scenarios in cloud migration. The migration can be done partially for a hybrid cloud solution, or performed completely for a fully cloud-hosted website or web application. Alibaba Cloud helps you speed up this process and minimize errors with our various migration tools.
- This solution architecture describes how you can migrate a WordPress website hosted on AWS to Alibaba Cloud, and is applicable to most websites and web applications.
- In this solution:
- 1) Static and dynamic content is delivered and accelerated by Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network (CDN).
- 2) Server Load Balancer (SLB), coupled with Auto Scaling, distributes web traffic across Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances.
- 3) A WordPress website is run on an ECS instance. Auto Scaling will automatically add extra instances based on the traffic.
- 4) An ApsaraDB for RDS instance is set up as the WordPress database.
- 5) Large files and other static contents are stored in an Object Storage Service (OSS) bucket.
- Migrating from AWS to this architecture is a straightforward process, but you should pay extra attention to the configurations for each product to ensure a successful migration.
- Quick and convenient website migration
- Integrate your website with other Alibaba Cloud products
Key Products and Services
Data Transmission Service
Homogeneous and heterogeneous data migration between data storage systems, such as SQL, NoSQL, and OLAP.
Elastic Compute Service
Stay flexible and reactive to the real time needs of your business with reliable, scalable and on-demand compute capacity on the cloud.
Object Storage Service
Easy to use cloud storage that allows you to process and handle millions of requests per second.
ApsaraDB for RDS
An on-demand cloud database service with automated monitoring, backup and disaster recovery capabilities.