Log Service Pricing
Log Service allows you to collect, consume, query, and analyze log data in real time. The billing method of Log service is pay-as-you-go. Fees are collected on a daily basis. You can modify the settings of Log Services in real time. You are charged based on the actual usage. You are charged for Log Service based on the read and write traffic, storage size, and index traffic if indexes are configured. The query and analysis features are provided free of charge.
The following prices are for reference only. The actual prices are displayed on the buy page.
|Billable item||Price||Free quota|
|Read and write traffic (USD/GB)||0.045||500 MB/month|
|Storage size of log data (USD/GB × day)||0.002875||500 MB/month|
|Storage size of time-series data (USD/GB × day)||0.00048||0|
|Index traffic of log data (USD/GB)||0.0875||500 MB/month|
|Index traffic of time-series data (USD/GB)||0.02721||0|
|Data transformation (USD/GB)||0.0204||0|
|Ship data to OSS in JSON or CSV format (USD/GB)||0.0068||0|
|Ship data to OSS in Parquet format (USD/GB)||0.0272||0|
|Ship data to MaxCompute (USD/GB)||0.0272||0|
|Ship data to AnalyticDB (USD/GB)||0.0272||0|
|Ship data to TSDB (USD/GB)||0.0272||0|
|Ship data to ClickHouse (USD/GB)||0.0272||0|
|Alerts by using voice notifications (USD/notification)||0.02041||0|
|Alerts by using SMS notifications (USD/notification)||0.00680||0|
1) Read and write traffic: the size of the compressed log data that is transmitted. If you use SDK or Logtail to read and write logs, logs are automatically compressed. If you use the API to read and write logs, logs must be manually compressed. The data compression ratio ranges from 5:1 to 10:1.
Example: Assume that the size of the raw log data is 10 GB per day and the size of compressed log data is 1.5 GB per day. You are charged for 1.5 GB of log data per day.
2) Storage size of log data: the total volume of the compressed log data and log indexes.
Example: Assume that the size of the raw log data is 1 GB per day, the size of the compressed data is 200 MB per day, and indexes are configured for 10% of the data. The size of log indexes is 100 MB per day. If the logs are stored for 30 days, the maximum cumulative storage volume after 30 days is 30 × (100 MB + 200 MB) = 9 GB. The maximum fee of daily storage volume is USD 0.002875 × 9 = 0.025875.
3) Index traffic of log data: Index traffic is calculated based on the actual traffic of indexed fields. You are charged for the index traffic only once when logs are written to Log Service. If both full-text indexes and field indexes are configured for a field, the index traffic is calculated only once based on the full-text indexes or field indexes. For information about the differences between indexes, see Index configuration. After an index is configured, it is permanently stored together with log data or time-series raw data. Therefore, the index incurs storage fees.
Example: Assume that indexes are configured for 10% of the fields in 10 GB of log data, only the indexed fields incur fees. The index traffic fee is USD 0.0875.
4) Storage size of time-series data and index traffic of time-series data: the storage fee for time-series data and indexes that are configured for time-series data. The time-series data is metric data. Log Service complies with the Prometheus specification. Log Service allows you to import time-series data from host monitoring, Prometheus monitoring, Telegraf, and monitoring data of other Alibaba Cloud services. The storage fee of time-series data is calculated based on the size of raw data.
5) The data transformation fee is calculated based on the size of raw data. Data transformation is a fully managed feature that provides high availability and scalability in Log Service. This feature can be used in scenarios such as data standardization, enrichment, distribution, aggregation, and re-indexing. For more information, see Data transformation. Note: If you store logs to a Logstore that resides in another region, Internet traffic is generated. You are charged for the Internet traffic based on the compressed data traffic.
6) Data shipping: Log Service allows you to ship log data to OSS, MaxCompute, and AnalyticDB in a specified format. For more information, see Data Shipping. You are charged for data shipping based on the size of raw data.
7) Alerts: Log Service allows you to configure alerts based on the query and analysis results to monitor the service status in real time. You are charged for voice notifications and SMS notifications based on the number of notifications. For more information, see Alerts.
8) The fees are deducted from your Alibaba Cloud account on a daily basis. The free quota is recalculated on a monthly basis.
To ensure the proper use of resources, additional fees are incurred by the read traffic from the Internet, number of shards, and number of read and write operations. In normal cases, fees on these items are very low.
|Billable item||Price||Free quota|
|Read and write operations (USD/million operations)||0.03||1,000,000 operations/month|
|Active shards (USD/day)||0.01||31 shard × day/month|
|Read traffic from the Internet (USD/GB)||0.2||0|
Description: 1) Active shards: Only shards that are in the read and write state incur fees. Shards that are merged or split do not incur fees. Example: Assume that you have three shards, among which one is in the read and write state, and the other two are merged and in the read-only state. You are charged USD 0.01 per day for only one shard. 2) Read and write operations: The number of read and write operations is determined by the speed that logs are generated. Log Service minimizes the number of read and write operations. Example: Assume that you use Logtail to automatically send logs in batches and 1,000,000 write operations are performed. You are charged USD 0.03 for these write operations. 3) Read traffic from the Internet: the traffic of data that is consumed by programs from the Internet. Example: Assume that log data of 2 GB is shipped to services that are provided by vendors other than Alibaba Cloud. You are charged USD 0.4 for the read traffic from the Internet.