After you activate the Trial Edition of Application Real-Time Monitoring Service (ARMS), you can use all sub-services of ARMS. You can get a free trial of 15 days for a paid sub-service. After the free trial expires, you must activate the Basic Edition or Pro Edition. This topic describes how to activate the different editions of ARMS and how to purchase resource plans.
An Alibaba Cloud account is created and has passed real-name verification.
ARMS is a monitoring service designed for distributed applications and containers. ARMS can be used to monitor the frontend, the backend, the infrastructure layer, and the application layer. ARMS provides multiple sub-services.
- Application Monitoring (Basic Edition and Pro Edition)
- Browser Monitoring (Basic Edition and Pro Edition)
- Prometheus Monitoring (Pro Edition)
The following figure shows the process of activating each sub-service.
Activate ARMS for free
If you use ARMS for the first time, perform the following steps to activate ARMS for free.
- Open the ARMS product homepage.
- On the page that appears, click Log In in the upper-right corner.
- On the Sign In page, enter your Alibaba Cloud account and password, and click Sign In.
- On the product homepage, click Apply. On the Application Real-Time Monitoring Service page, select Application Real-Time Monitoring Service Terms of Service and click Activate Now.
Activate a sub-service or upgrade to the Pro Edition
After you activate ARMS, you can get a free trial of 15 days. During this period, you can get a free quota each day. If the daily free quota of a sub-service is used up, the sub-service becomes unavailable. To continue to use the sub-service, you can wait until your free quota is restored the next day. You can also activate the Pro Edition. After you activate the Pro Edition, you can purchase resource plans to reduce costs.
|Paid sub-service||Daily quota during 15-day free trial||Activate or purchase link|
|Application Monitoring||240 agents × hours (for example, 10 agents run for 24 hours)||
Note After the free trial expires, you must activate the Basic Edition or Pro Edition. After you activate the Basic Edition, you can upgrade it to the Pro Edition at any time. For more information about the functional differences between the Basic Edition and Pro Edition of Application Monitoring, see Comparison between different editions.
|Browser Monitoring||20,000 times of data sending|
|Prometheus Monitoring||Sending of 20 million custom metrics||Activate Prometheus Monitoring Pro Edition|
After you activate ARMS, read the following topics to get started with the monitoring features of ARMS:
- Application Monitoring: Create an application monitoring job
- Browser Monitoring: Install the browser monitoring probe by using CDN
- Prometheus Monitoring: Connect an ACK cluster to Prometheus Service
- Dashboards: Create a dashboard for an application monitoring job
- Alerts: Create ARMS alerts