Server Migration Center (SMC) is a server migration platform developed by Alibaba Cloud. SMC allows you to migrate one or more source servers to Alibaba Cloud. Source servers can be servers in data centers, virtual machines, servers on other cloud platforms, and servers of other types.
- Incremental migration
You can synchronize incremental data of a source server to Alibaba Cloud without interrupting your services. For more information, see Migrate incremental data from a source server.
- Migrate multiple servers at a time
- You can start multiple migration tasks at a time in the SMC console.
- You can call the API operations of SMC to create and start migration tasks, query migration progress, and manage multiple migration tasks at a time. For more information about the SMC API, see List of operations by function.
- Block replication
SMC can obtain the partitioning scheme of a source disk and generate the same partitioning scheme for the destination disk. You can specify the size of each partition of a destination disk. For more information, see Migration task parameters.
- Data migration to Container Registry
SMC allows you to migrate source servers to Container Registry. You can use SMC to migrate containerized applications to Container Registry at low costs. Application containerization enables automatic management and scheduling of computing resources and fast and secure deployment of applications. This improves resource usage and reduces computing costs. For more information, see Migrate source servers to Container Registry.
- Multi-threading data transmission
The SMC client supports multi-threading data transmission. This feature improves the bandwidth usage and transmission efficiency if a high bandwidth is available. For more information, see Enable multi-threaded transfer acceleration.
- Centralized monitoring of task processes
- When you migrate multiple source servers to Alibaba Cloud at a time, SMC allows you to monitor the migration status of each source server.
- You can view the status of each source server and migration task on the Overview page of the SMC console. This allows you to identify and troubleshoot issues that may occur during migration.
- Migration from diverse platforms and environments
- SMC allows you to migrate source servers based on various versions of Windows and Linux operating systems. For more information, see Limits.
- SMC allows you to migrate data from servers in on-premises data centers, local virtual machines (VMs), and third-party cloud hosts to Alibaba Cloud. Supported virtualization platforms include VMware, VirtualBox, Xen, and Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM). Third-party cloud platforms can be Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Huawei Cloud, Tencent Cloud, UCloud, China Telecom e-Cloud, and QingCloud.
- Independence from the underlying environments of source servers
- SMC supports the following types of migration: physical-to-cloud (P2C), virtual-to-cloud (V2C), and cloud-to-cloud (C2C).
- SMC supports multiple types of file systems and disks.
- Migration without service interruption
During migration, you do not have to stop services running on the source servers.
- Simple, lightweight, and flexible configuration
- SMC provides a lightweight client that does not require installation.
- SMC provides multiple migration solutions. You can select solutions based on your needs.
- After you start a migration task, SMC manages the entire migration progress.
- Secure and stable migration that has a high success rate
- SMC provides stable and secure services. It enables whitelist-based verification, transmission channel encryption, and resumable transmission.
- SMC ensures a high success rate of data migration because it is highly compatible with Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS).
When you use SMC, you are charged only for Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS) resources that you use during migration. For more information, see Pricing.
For more information about how to contact Customer Services, see Contact us.