Alibaba Cloud Tech Share - Create IPv6 tunnel addresses for Alibaba Cloud ECS (Windows 2012)
Created#More Posted time:Feb 10, 2017 10:52 AM
This example is written based on some information on the internet to help those who need to configure an IPv6 address for Alibaba Cloud ECS.
If an FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) address is required, log in to your domain name control panel and point an AAAA record to the newly-set IPv6 tunnel address.
Resolve the domain name to the IPv6 address on Alibaba Cloud, by referring to the operations here: https://help.aliyun.com/knowledge_detail/6555875.html
Environment: Windows 2012.
1. Sign up on https://www.tunnelbroker.net.
2. Log in to tunnelbroker.net, click “Create Regular Tunnel” in the left navigation bar and enter your IPv4 address. Then select Hong Kong tunnel server to create a new IPv6 tunnel for configuration.
3. In this example, the created IPv6 tunnel address is: 2001:470:18:401::2.
4. Then click “Example Configurations” and executable commands for creating the IPv6 tunnel in different systems will be provided. In this example, the system is Windows:
5. Log in to Alibaba Cloud ECS, Windows 2012 in this example, and execute the tunnel configuration commands above.
6. If the execution is successful, the “IP6Tunnel” configuration information will show up in the IP list.
7. Then visit the IPv6 address (2001:470:18:401::2) in the browser or use the curl tool to display the test content.