Created#More Posted time:Apr 3, 2019 13:21 PM
I recently signed up for a 1 month trial. Couple questions, that I just wanted to make sure of:
1. it just said free 1 month with a trial instance. I assume it's "free", but see quotos for CPU, bandwidth, etc. I just wanted to make sure it's free as advertised vs gettting a suprise bill?
2. If there are quotos, and they are hit for the free trial, I would assume they notify me and give me a choice to continue paid or end the trial (not auto billing me)?
3. If I wanted to end the trial prematurely, it says to make sure I delete the instance first but can't. Creating a support ticket to end a trial seems silly, but is that the process?
3. Any logic why they would have a very old Ubunto option for the trial build vs newer release and not give the trial owner the ability to destroy and recreate a differenc einstance? Seems to defeat the purpose of trial.
1st Reply#Posted time:Jul 1, 2019 10:09 AM
Hi, the process of changing the operating system for a free trial instance is the same as the paid instances, pls find the documentation here https://www.alibabacloud.com/help/doc-detail/25436.htm
2nd Reply#Posted time:Jun 28, 2019 20:24 PM
Hi, I have just created a trial ECS instance but I selected the wrong OS (Aliyun Linux 2 v CentOS 7) by mistake. How can I correct this?
3rd Reply#Posted time:Jun 13, 2019 14:39 PM
Hi Khun, please find the answers to your questions below:
1. The free trial offers one month free for 4 instance types, each instance type is bundled with one data transfer plan. If your usage doesn't exceed the data transfer, you won't be billed.
2. For prepaid products,e.g. ECS server, when your free trial expires, the instances will stop automatically and immediately, which won't generate any further charge on the instance. If you want to continue using the instance, please renew in your console.
3. You can stop and delete the trial instance just like other paid instances in your console.
4. The images for trial instances are just updated. And you can change the image after place the trial order(which is cost at "0" USD), but please be aware we only cover the cost for one instance, creating another one will be on your own charge.
Finally please be aware of visiting the free trial page to place the trial order:
for any further questions, feel free to contact the post-sales support, thanks!