• Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts9
Reads:954Replies:14

[products]web hosting

Created#
More Posted time:Jul 3, 2018 21:25 PM
Hi,
I'm using ECS , Linix product. I have domain name registered on other hosting company. How can I setup my own web hosting on ECS if don't use the Alibaba web hosting product?
[adams edited the post at Jul 4, 2018 22:12 PM]

Ranjithkumar
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID5737
  • Fans1
  • Follows3
  • Posts123
1st Reply#
Posted time:Jul 4, 2018 20:31 PM
Just you need to point that domain to your ECS instance or Server. If you need any assistance in doing that please leave a reply. I will walk you through the steps needed to do.

adams
Intern
Intern
  • UID5813
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts9
2nd Reply#
Posted time:Jul 4, 2018 22:36 PM
Thanks  for reply !
I've already point the domain address to ECS, and add CenOS from marketplace:
https://marketplace.alibabacloud.com/products/201072001/cPanel_WHM_on_CentOS_7_BYOL_-sgcmjj024268.html,
and type "http://(ip address or domain name):2086" in browser , but it still can't work.
Should I setup all php,mysql,cpanel,....etc, for using hosting service ? Is it there any more convenience method to purchase hosting service?
BTW, how to post picture here ? The icons of function of this editor doesn't work.

Ranjithkumar
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID5737
  • Fans1
  • Follows3
  • Posts123
3rd Reply#
Posted time:Jul 5, 2018 17:06 PM
Can you please add some screenshots so that we can able to find where the problem is...... Yeah, you must install everything to host the website. Say if it is under LAMP stack, you must install it and then host it. Now it will work... You can post images here by clicking advanced editor in the text box.

adams
Intern
Intern
  • UID5813
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts9
4Floor#
Posted time:Jul 9, 2018 15:17 PM
1. I deleted the SSH pair accidently. How can I create new one? Or, can I delete whole thing and re-install it again?
2. So Alibaba cloud just rent the computer resource(not solution) to customers who must learn Linux first and do everything by themselves?!
3. The function in "Enter into advanced mode" can't work/popup under Firefox, Chrome in Win10.

JohnHanley
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID5606
  • Fans2
  • Follows1
  • Posts75
5Floor#
Posted time:Jul 10, 2018 0:28 AM
I wrote a series of articles "Learning Alibaba Cloud in 7 Days". This might help you get started. This includes how to setup and ECS web server step-by-step.
https://www.neoprime.io/info/alibaba/journal/index.php

I also wrote an article on how to recover from a lost keypair.
https://www.neoprime.io/info/alibaba/devops/day_02.php

JohnHanley
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID5606
  • Fans2
  • Follows1
  • Posts75
6Floor#
Posted time:Jul 10, 2018 0:59 AM
You may may to take a look at Alibaba Simple Application Server. There will be less learning to do. Here is a link to an article comparing ECS to SAS:

https://www.alibabacloud.com/blog/elastic-compute-service-vs--simple-application-server_593740

SAS Summary:

Simple Application Server suits you well if all you need is a private virtual machine. It provides you the all-in-one solution to launch and manage your application, set up domain name resolution, and build, monitor, maintain your website with just a few clicks. It makes private server building much easier, and it is the best way for beginners to get started with cloud computing.

adams
Intern
Intern
  • UID5813
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts9
7Floor#
Posted time:Jul 10, 2018 16:27 PM
I created a new SSH pair and open port 2086. It seems that it still doesn't work. What's the next step I can do?

JohnHanley
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID5606
  • Fans2
  • Follows1
  • Posts75
8Floor#
Posted time:Jul 11, 2018 1:18 AM
Did you configure Apache web server to listen and service web requests on port 2086?

Why do you have port 23 (Telnet) enabled? This is very dangerous. At lest modify this rule to only allow access from your public IP address.

adams
Intern
Intern
  • UID5813
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts9
9Floor#
Posted time:Jul 18, 2018 21:20 PM
JohnHanley:Did you configure Apache web server to listen and service web requests on port 2086?

Why do you have port 23 (Telnet) e...
回到原帖
Thanks , John. SAS is a good choice. Alibaba cloud should provide more FAQ, tutorial to customers.
I enabled port 23 is base on some suggestion from other essay.

I've installed the image from market place:
https://marketplace.alibabacloud.com/products/201072001/cPanel_WHM_on_CentOS_7_BYOL_-sgcmjj024268.html

adams
Intern
Intern
  • UID5813
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts9
10Floor#
Posted time:Jul 19, 2018 8:25 AM
One more thing, I have reached whm before ,  the third party company advise me to use the password of SSH, but I didn't set the password for SSH, then create a new key pair but can't find that I can set the password for it. How to set a password for it ?

JohnHanley
Engineer
Engineer
  • UID5606
  • Fans2
  • Follows1
  • Posts75
11Floor#
Posted time:Jul 19, 2018 10:20 AM
Sorry, I have never used cPanel and WHM so I cannot answer questions. I prefer direct access to my ECS instances via SSH (keypair).

BrianBae
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer
  • UID5909
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts58
12Floor#
Posted time:Jul 19, 2018 13:57 PM

You can reset your ssh password on WHM panel.

adams
Intern
Intern
  • UID5813
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts9
13Floor#
Posted time:Jul 20, 2018 7:59 AM
BrianBae:You can reset your ssh password on WHM panel.回到原帖
This is the first time to login WHM , so I don't have its password. After check with the third party company , they advise me to use SSH password, but I didn't setup password for SSH during installation. How could I login with password ?

BrianBae
Assistant Engineer
Assistant Engineer
  • UID5909
  • Fans0
  • Follows0
  • Posts58
14Floor#
Posted time:Jul 21, 2018 20:56 PM
How about reset your service?.

some ssh service depends on provider, It is too difficult to find a solution.
if you forget ssh root password, please contact to provider to find a password.