Cloud Firewall is embedded with IPS to defend against intrusions in real time.
- Select the Intrusion Prevention Mode.
Note After you subscribe to the Cloud Firewall service, Monitoring Mode is enabled for IPS by default.
- Monitoring Mode: Enable monitoring mode to monitor malicious traffic and generate alarms.
- Traffic Control Mode: Enable traffic control mode to block the malicious traffic.
- In the Basic Protection module, turn on or off the Basic Policies switch to enable or disable the built-in basic intrusion prevention rules. The basic rules can intercept intrusions such as password cracking and command execution vulnerability.
- Turn on or off the Threat Intelligence switch to enable or disable the function of collecting network-wide threat intelligence.
- In the Virtual Patches Module, turn on or off the Patches switch to enable or disable the installation-free virtual patch function for preventing exploitation of high-risk vulnerabilities.
Note After the configuration, you can view the details on different intrusion prevention activities in the IPS Analysis area on Traffic Analysis page.