Standard Global Acceleration (GA) instances connect users in different acceleration regions to origin servers that are deployed in different regions and provide Layer 4 (TCP and UDP) and Layer 7 (HTTP and HTTPS) acceleration capabilities. This topic describes how to create and manage a GA instance.
Create a standard GA instance
- Log on to the Global Accelerator console.
- Perform the following operations to go to the GA instance buy page.
- If you have no existing GA instances in your Alibaba Cloud account, click Create Instance on the Global Accelerator page.
- If you already have GA instances in your Alibaba Cloud account, click Create Instance on the Instances page.
- On the buy page, set the following parameters, click Buy Now, and then complete the payment.
Parameter Description Type The type of the instance. Select Standard. Specification Select the specification of the standard GA instance.
For more information about the specifications of standard GA instances, see Specifications of standard GA instances.
Instance By default, Instance is selected. Accelerated IP Address Type Select the type of accelerated IP address for the standard GA instance. You can specify this parameter only if you select Large Ⅰ or a higher specification.
- EIP (default): If you select elastic IP address (EIP), the custom access mode is used. You can select an access point based on your business requirements. Each access point provides a separate EIP.
- Anycast EIP: If you select Anycast EIP, the automatic access mode is used. You do not need to
specify an acceleration area. GA provides an Anycast EIP that is shared among multiple
regions across the globe.
- By default, you cannot specify Anycast EIPs as accelerated IP addresses. If you want to use Anycast EIPs, submit a ticket.
- If you want to use Anycast EIPs, the GA instances and basic bandwidth plans must meet the following requirements:
- GA instances: You must select standard GA instances whose specifications are Large Ⅰ or higher.
- Basic bandwidth plans: You must select the premium bandwidth type and the pay-by-data-transfer metering method. By default, you cannot use pay-by-data-transfer basic bandwidth plans. If you want to use pay-by-data-transfer basic bandwidth plans, submit a ticket.
For more information, see Accelerated IP addresses.
Duration Select the subscription duration of the standard GA instance.
You can select Auto-renewal to enable auto-renewal for the standard GA instance.
- Optional: Return to the GA console. In the left-side navigation pane, choose Instances page, you can view the purchased standard GA instance. . On the
Change the specification of a standard GA instance
You can change the specifications of standard GA instances. You can only upgrade standard GA instances. By default, you cannot downgrade standard GA instances. To downgrade standard GA instances, submit a ticket.
- Log on to the Global Accelerator console.
- On the Instances page, find the standard GA instance that you want to manage and click Upgrade in the Actions column.
- In the Upgrade message, confirm the upgrade information and click OK. Note New endpoint group IP addresses may be created after you change the specification of a GA instance. The number of newly created endpoint group IP addresses depends on the GA instance specification. You can view the new endpoint group IP addresses on the console. However, you are responsible for making sure that these IP addresses are available. You can confirm whether the newly created endpoint group IP addresses have been available by calling the UpdateAcceleratorConfirm operation.
- On the Upgrade/Downgrade page, specify the specification that you want to use, select Terms of Service, and
then click Buy Now to complete the payment.
For more information about the acceleration capabilities provided by GA instances of different specifications, see Specifications of standard GA instances.
What to do next
|Update the basic information of a GA instance||
|Renew a GA instance||
- CreateAccelerator: creates a standard GA instance.
- ListAccelerators: queries standard GA instances.
- DescribeAccelerator: queries the information of a standard GA instance.
- UpdateAccelerator: modifies a standard GA instance.
- UpdateAcceleratorConfirm: confirms the specification of a standard GA instance that is modified.
- DescribeAcceleratorAutoRenewAttribute: queries the auto-renewal status of a standard GA instance.
- UpdateAcceleratorAutoRenewAttribute: modifies the auto-renewal settings of a standard GA instance.