This topic describes the billing methods, billable items, and billing rules for Alibaba Cloud Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN).
Bills for DCDN are generated three to four hours after each billing cycle ends.
The following figure shows the billing rules.
Alibaba Cloud DCDN supports the pay-as-you-go billing method, which is the default billing method. You can also use resource plans to offset fees of commonly used resources.
- Pay-as-you-go: You are charged for the actual usage of each billable item. Fees are deducted when resources are consumed. This billing method is ideal for scenarios in which you cannot accurately predict resource usage.
- Resource plans (subscription): Resource plans use the subscription billing method, and provide savings on the costs of individual billable items. Resources are consumed before fees are offset by resource plans. Resource plans are ideal for scenarios in which you can accurately predict resource usage.
- Compared with the pay-as-you-go billing method, resource plans are more cost-effective.
- If your usage exceeds the capacity of the resource plans, the overages are billed based on the pay-as-you-go billing method and are included in the bills. We recommend that you purchase resource plans based on the services that you need and the estimated amount of resource usage. For more information, see Guidelines for choosing resource plans.
Important DCDN and IP Application Accelerator (IPA) are two independent services and are billed separately. If you use IPA, you are charged for the traffic that is accelerated by using IPA. You are not charged for HTTP or HTTPS requests. For more information, see Billing of IPA.
Alibaba Cloud DCDN generates bills for basic services and value-added services. If you select IPA, you are charged for IPA based on its billing schedule.
- Basic services (required): You can choose between pay-by-data-transfer and pay-by-bandwidth. For more information, see Billing of basic services.
- Value-added services (optional): You can activate one or more value-added services, such as HTTPS requests for static content and QUIC requests. For more information, see Billing of value-added services.
- IP Application Accelerator: You can choose between pay-by-data-transfer and pay-by-bandwidth.
The following table describes the billing cycle of Alibaba Cloud DCDN.
|Billing cycle||Bill release time||Billable item|
|Hourly||You are charged on an hourly basis. After each billing cycle, the bill is generated and sent to your account after three to four hours. The actual time when the bill is sent is determined by the system.|
|Daily||You are charged on a daily basis. Bills for the previous billing cycle are sent to you at around 04:00 every day. The actual time when the bill is sent is determined by the system.|
Important The data transfer fee is calculated based on the billable region where the data transfer is generated. Alibaba Cloud DCDN has deployed sufficient redundant nodes in each billable region to ensure that each node belongs only to one billable region.
Billable regions are listed in the following table. For more information, see POP distribution.
|Billable region||Region code||Region/Country|
|Chinese Mainland||CN||Regions in the Chinese mainland are in the same billable region.|
|North America||NA||Canada and US|
|Europe||EU||Russia, Ukraine, UK, France, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Sweden, and Germany|
|Asia Pacific 1||AP1||Hong Kong (China), Macao (China), Taiwan (China), Japan, and Southeast Asia countries and regions except for Vietnam and Indonesia|
|Asia Pacific 2||AP2||India, Indonesia, South Korea, and Vietnam|
|Asia Pacific 3||AP3||Australia and New Zealand|
|Middle East and Africa||MEAA||Dubai, Kuwait, Oman, and South Africa|
For more information about the pricing of each billable item, see Pricing.
For more information about the pricing of resource plans, see Resource plan pricing.
Outbound data transfer plans
When you use the pay-by-data-transfer metering method, outbound data transfer plans are used to offset the fees for the generated data transfer. Fees for WebSocket data transfer cannot be offset. Buy Now
- We recommend that you choose resource plans based on the features and services that you want to use, and your business volume. For more information, see Overview, Guidelines for choosing resource plans, and Resource plan rules.
- Alibaba Cloud DCDN outbound data transfer plans are applied only when the pay-by-data-transfer metering method is used. Otherwise, the data transfer plans are suspended until you switch back to the pay-by-data-transfer metering method. For more information about how to change the metering method, see Change the metering method.
- Billable items and billing methodsBilling of basic servicesBilling of value-added servicesBilling of IPAChange the metering methodDCDN pricing
- Resource plan overviewGuidelines for choosing resource plansRules for applying resource plansQuery details about resource plansWhy am I still charged for resources after I purchase resource plans of DCDN?Money-back guarantees
- MoreOverdue paymentsQuery resource usageQuery billsConfigure high bill alertsFAQ about billing