Server Migration Center (SMC) is a migration platform developed by Alibaba Cloud. SMC can help you migrate one or more source servers to Alibaba Cloud.
SMC can help you migrate one or more source servers to Alibaba Cloud. The source servers include IDC servers, virtual machines, cloud hosts on other cloud platforms, and other types of servers. For more information about SMC, its tutorials and best practices, see What is SMC?
- Support for migration from diverse platforms and environments
- SMC supports diverse versions of Windows and Linux operating systems. For more information, see Limits.
- SMC allows you to migrate data from user-created data centers, on-premises virtual machines, and third-party cloud platforms to Alibaba Cloud. On-premises virtual machines include VMware, Virtual Box, Xen, and KVM. Third-party cloud platforms include Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCP, Huawei Cloud, Tencent Cloud, UCloud, Telecom Cloud, and QingCloud.
- No dependency on the underlying environments of source servers
- SMC supports physical-to-cloud (P2C), virtual-to-cloud (V2C), and cloud-to-cloud (C2C) migration.
- SMC supports diverse file systems and disk types.
- Migration without downtime
During data migration, you do not need to stop services that run on the source servers.
- Easy-to-use, lightweight, and flexible configuration
- The SMC client is lightweight and free of installation.
- SMC provides various migration solutions and supports on-demand configuration.
- After migration tasks are started, the migration process is automatically managed.
- Secure and stable migration with a high success rate
- SMC supports whitelist-based verification, transmission channel encryption, and resumable transmission. SMC features high security and stability.
- SMC has a high migration success rate because it provides high compatibility with the specifications of Alibaba Cloud server systems.
SMC consists of a client and a console. Import the information of a source server to the console through the client. This step connects the source server with your Alibaba Cloud account. Then, create a migration task in the console for the source server and start the migration task to migrate the source server to Alibaba Cloud. For more information, see Migration process.
- SMC provides free expert support for your cloud migration. For more information, see Contact us.
- SMC supports incremental migration to shorten the suspension of source server services and accelerate the final delivery of the services. For more information, see Migrate incremental data from a source server.
- If your environment is equipped with high bandwidth, you can enable multi-threaded transfer to improve migration efficiency. For more information, see Enable multi-threaded transfer acceleration.
- For information about how to use SMC API, see List of operations by function.
- For information about usage examples of SMC SDKs, see SDK overview.
- If you want to migrate only databases, we recommend that you use Alibaba Cloud Data Transmission Service (DTS). For more information, see Data migration.