Server Migration Center (SMC) is a migration platform developed by Alibaba Cloud. SMC can help you migrate one or more source servers to Alibaba Cloud.
SMC can help you migrate one or more source servers to Alibaba Cloud. Source servers can be servers in data centers, virtual machines, cloud hosts on other cloud platforms, and servers of other types. For more information about SMC, its tutorials, and best practices, see What is SMC?
- Applies to a wide range of migration scenarios.
SMC allows you to migrate mainstream servers and operating systems. Mainstream servers include physical hosts, VMs, and hosts on other cloud platforms. Mainstream operating systems include Windows 2003 and later, CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu, Debian, SUSE, and openSUSE.
- Supports automated server migration.
SMC supports automated, unattended server migration. You can check the migration progress by using the SMC console or calling API operations.
- Provides automatic server restoration and result verification.
SMC automatically detects server conditions and restores unhealthy servers before migration. After migration, you can verify migration results in the SMC console.
SMC consists of a client and a console. You must import the information of a source server to the console by using the client. This step connects the source server to your Alibaba Cloud account. Then, you must create a migration task in the console for the source server and start the migration task to migrate the source server to Alibaba Cloud. For more information, see Migration process.
This section describes the best practices for migrating servers from different sources to Alibaba Cloud. For more information, see Migrate servers to Alibaba Cloud.
- SMC provides free expert support for your cloud migration. For more information, see Contact us.
- For information about how to use SMC API, see List of operations by function.
- For information about how to use SMC SDK, see SDK overview.
- If you want to migrate only databases, we recommend that you use Alibaba Cloud Data Transmission Service (DTS). For more information, see Data migration.