In addition to metadata management, Data Map also supports the management of data assets in enterprises. Data Map allows you to globally search for data, view metadata details, preview data, view data lineage, and manage data categories. Data Map can help you search for, understand, and use data.
- If you prefer a powerful search engine, go to the homepage to search for data.
Note The homepage appears when you go to the Data Map page. To return to the homepage from other pages, click Data Map in the upper-left corner.
- If you need to find tables by project, click All Data in the top navigation bar.
On the All Data page, you can view tables in different data stores on different tabs, including the MaxCompute, E-MapReduce, OSS, AnalyticDB for PostgreSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and Oracle tabs.
You can add a MaxCompute table to favorites, apply for permissions on a MaxCompute table, view the lineage of a MaxCompute table, and view the data definition language (DDL) statement that is used to create a MaxCompute table.
- If you need to view the overall data of the current tenant, click Overview in the top navigation bar.
- If you need to modify tables that are owned by yourself, click My Data in the top navigation bar.
- If you are a category administrator or workspace administrator and need to modify the workspace configurations or global categories, click Configuration Management in the top navigation bar. For more information, see Manage configurations.
Note on the upgrade from Data Management to Data Map
- Service: Data Map was released to replace Data Management.
- Data Map was released in each region during the period of 20:00:00 to 20:20:00 each day from June 25, 2019 to June 28, 2019.
- Data Management was brought offline in all regions at 20:00:00 on July 1, 2019.
- Regions where Data Map has been released: China (Shanghai), China (Beijing), China (Hangzhou), China (Shenzhen), China (Hong Kong), Singapore, Australia (Sydney), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), India (Mumbai), Indonesia (Jakarta), Germany (Frankfurt), UK (London), US (Virginia), US (Silicon Valley), and UAE (Dubai).
|Item||Data Management||Data Map||Improvement|
|Page features and roles||Based on the feature types, Data Management provides the following pages:
|User operations||Different pages are provided for you to manage tables, manage favorites, manage permissions, and apply for permissions on resources and functions.||
||Data-related operations are centralized on one page for easy search and use.|
|Table preview permission||Any user can preview tables. Table owners or workspace administrators cannot control the preview permission.||
|Table creation permission||You can create a table in Data Management without any permission limit.||
Data Map feedback
If you have questions about Data Map, scan the following QR code to join the DataWorks DingTalk group for consultation.