By Jessie Angelica, Solution Architect
EMAS Mobile Testing is a cloud platform that provides device testing services and offers robust crash and Application Not Responding (ANR) detection capabilities for enterprises and mobile developers. EMAS Mobile Testing offers a 24/7 service to help you quickly identify and pinpoint all kinds of hidden risks in apps, including app crashes, compatibility issues, functionality issues, and performance issues of apps. It provides exploratory compatibility testing, which offers a bug detection rate of up to 30% compared with traditional monkey testing. The services are deployed in the Singapore and China regions, and the device farm is in Hong Kong. The algorithm of this service is FIFO, and if the device is fully booked, you will be pending and can use it when it’s free.
In traditional the standard practice involves installing the application (APK) on a mobile device for mobile testing. However, EMAS Mobile Testing introduces an efficient approach by offering a mobile farm equipped with numerous physical handsets accessible remotely. What sets EMAS apart is its reliance on actual hardware for testing, as opposed to other products tested solely on emulators. This platform accommodates the diverse needs of businesses, allowing users to test on specific devices based on regional preferences. For instance, if a majority of users in Jakarta favour Samsung Android or iPhones, EMAS can provide access to these devices. The testing process involves capturing movements and presentations in the form of recordings, but the realistic simulation on the real device.
Applicable scenarios: quality inspection before app release and functional testing across business processes
Features of EMAS Mobile Testing (Automated testing and Remote Device Debugging):
1) Provides comprehensive test reports that allows you to test issues, step screenshots, ANR errors, and analysis metrics : CPU, memory, traffic, power, and resource
2) Provides a Variety of Platforms in Device Farm : Rich real mobile devices (280+ models), including Android, YunOS, iOS, HarmonyOS and H5 apps, and supports dual-device rental for verification of session and synchronization features
3) Allows to check against historical baseline performance data and identify issues by monitoring and remoting the device.
4) Provides large numbers of remote devices in real time and step-by-step that can be managed in the web console for simultaneous debugging purpose of multiple devices
5) Supports online visual and script recording in combination to implement batch feature verification for one-time recording and playback across all models and optimize testing. You can convert a visually recorded script into a generic Appium script.
1) Log on to the Mobile Testing console.
2) In the left-side navigation pane, choose Testing Services > Device Farm. The Device Farm page appears. In the remote device list, move the pointer over a device that you want to use and click Use Now
3) Choose Testing Services > Overview or Testing Management > Apps.
4) On the Overview or Apps page, click Upload Test App. The Add App panel appears.
5) In the Upload App panel, click the upload section and select an app to upload the app. You can also drag an app to the upload section to upload the app.
6) If the app is uploaded but not installed, click Installation in the Actions column to install the app on the remote device.
1) E-Commerce proactively discovers potential problems using Mobile Testing's capability on each screen to improve overall testing efficiency. E-commerce can identify and address issues, optimizing the app's performance and ensuring a seamless user experience. In this way, Mobile Testing plays a pivotal role in maintaining the reliability and competitiveness of E-Commerce in the dynamic e-commerce market.
2) Finance Companies leverages Mobile Testing to ensure the robustness and security of its finance app. The highly secure Apsara Stack solution provided ensures that sensitive financial data is protected during the testing process. Finance utilizes Mobile Testing to assess crucial features, such as automatic ID card uploads for identity verification and the implementation of randomized keyboards for password inputs.
3) Gaming Companies can use mobile testing with image recognition technology to enhance game app performance, such as character interactions or level transitions.By utilizing multiple performance metrics and ensuring the seamless functionality of their games across various mobile devices, the company evaluates the app's responsiveness, graphics rendering, and overall user experience.
Alibaba Cloud Community - September 7, 2023
Alibaba Cloud Community - March 31, 2023
Alibaba Clouder - April 17, 2020
Alibaba Cloud Community - November 10, 2023
Alibaba Cloud Community - April 7, 2023
Alibaba Cloud Community - June 14, 2023
Help enterprises build high-quality, stable mobile appsLearn More
Provides comprehensive quality assurance for the release of your apps.Learn More
Alibaba Cloud (in partnership with Whale Cloud) helps telcos build an all-in-one telecommunication and digital lifestyle platform based on DingTalk.Learn More
Gain an industrial edge with Alibaba Cloud best practicesLearn More
More Posts by Alibaba Cloud Indonesia