ApsaraDB for OceanBase is a relational database service developed by Alibaba Group for high-throughput, high-concurrency, and high-availability scenarios. The maximum processing capacity is 61 million times per second. The maximum data volume in a single cluster is more than 3 PB, and the maximum number of table rows is more than one trillion. ApsaraDB for OceanBase uses the Paxos protocol and maintains multiple data replicas. You can build a financial-grade database by deploying PC servers in a distributed architecture. ApsaraDB for OceanBase allows you to achieve reliability and data consistency at one third of the cost of other commercial databases.
- Outstanding Performance: Processing Capacity of 61 Million Times Per Second ApsaraDB for OceanBase supports rapid business scaling and achieves high performance by using the quasi-memory processing architecture. The maximum data volume in a single cluster is more than 3 PB, and the maximum number of table rows is more than one trillion.
- Continuous Availability: Leader and Practitioner of the Five Data Centers in Three Regions Solution ApsaraDB for OceanBase uses the Paxos protocol and maintains multiple data replicas. ApsaraDB for OceanBase supports automatic switchover between common PC servers, where no data record is lost (RPO = 0, RTO < 30 seconds). This avoids single point of failures (SPOFs) and zone-related risks.
- High Compatibility: Compatible with MySQL and Oracle ApsaraDB for OceanBase is compatible with MySQL and Oracle. You can use ApsaraDB for OceanBase after making minor changes to existing code and applications.
- Time-Tested Capabilities: Best Practices of Alipay and MYbank ApsaraDB for OceanBase has been running in all core scenarios of Ant Financial for many years. The database is proved to be reliable during the Double 11 in the last ten years.
- Unlimited Scalability Distributed transactions and global timestamps ensure that the computing and storage capacity can be scaled out without code modifications. This eliminates the need to worry about table sharding and database sharding.
- Proprietary Technology: Relational Database Developed by Alibaba Group and Ant Financial ApsaraDB for OceanBase is different from open-source databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL. Alibaba Group and Ant Financial have proprietary rights to all code of ApsaraDB for OceanBase. The troubleshooting and architecture optimization of all product modules can be achieved based on code.