This topic describes the billing methods, billable items, and billing rules for Alibaba Cloud CDN.
- If Business Type is set to DCDN when you add a domain name to Alibaba Cloud CDN, the domain name is billed based on the billing rules of Dynamic Route for CDN (DCDN). You can log on to the DCDN console to view and manage domain names accelerated by DCDN.
- A bill is issued 3 to 4 hours after a billing cycle ends.
- By default, pay-by-data-transfer meters the amount of outbound data transfer on L1 nodes and pay-by-peak-bandwidth metersthe peak outbound bandwidth on L1 nodes.
- Pay-as-you-go: You are charged for the actual usage of each billable item. Fees are deducted after resources are consumed. This billing method is ideal for scenarios in which the usage of resources is difficult to predict.
- Resource plans (subscription): Resource plans use the subscription billing method and offer discounts on different billable items. Resources are consumed before fees are offset by resource plans. Resource plans are ideal for scenarios in which the usage of resources is easy to predict.
- Compared with the pay-as-you-go billing method, resource plans are more cost-effective.
- Resource overages are billed based on the pay-as-you-go billing method and included in the bills. We recommend that you purchase resource plans based on the services that you need and the estimated amount of resource usage. For more information, see Guidelines for choosing resource plans.
- Basic services (required): You can choose between pay-by-data-transfer and pay-by-bandwidth. For more information, see Billing of basic services.
- Value-added services (optional): You can enable one or more value-added services, such as HTTPS requests for static content and QUIC requests. For more information, see Billing of value-added services.
|Billing cycle||Bill release time||Billable item|
|Hourly||You are charged on an hourly basis. A bill is issued about 3 to 4 hours after the end of a billing cycle. The time when bills are issued is determined by the system.||
|Daily||You are charged on a daily basis. The bill of the current day is issued around 04:00 on the next day. The time when bills are issued is determined by the system.||Basic services. For more information, see Pay-by-peak-bandwidth.|
Regions inside and outside the Chinese mainland are classified into different billable regions, as listed in the following table. For more information, see Node distribution.
|Billable region||Region code||Region/Country|
|Chinese Mainland||CN||Regions in the Chinese mainland are in the same billable region.|
|North America||NA||Canada and US|
|Europe||EU||Russia, Ukraine, UK, France, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Sweden, and Germany|
|Asia Pacific 1||AP1||Hong Kong (China), Macao (China), Taiwan (China), Japan, and Southeast Asia countries and regions except for Vietnam and Indonesia|
|Asia Pacific 2||AP2||India, Indonesia, South Korea, and Vietnam|
|Asia Pacific 3||AP3||Australia and New Zealand|
|Middle East and Africa||MEAA||Dubai, Kuwait, Oman, and South Africa|
For more information about the pricing of Alibaba Cloud CDN, see CDN pricing.
For more information about the pricing of resource plans, see CDN resource plans.
- We recommend that you choose resource plans based on the features and services that you want to use, and the business volume. For more information, see Resource plan overview,Guidelines for choosing resource plans, and Rules for applying resource plans.
- Outbound data transfer plans can be applied only if the metering method is set to pay-by-data-transfer. If the metering method is not pay-by-data-transfer, the data transfer plans are suspended. For more information about how to change the metering method, see Change the metering method.
Billable items and billing methodsBilling of basic servicesBilling of value-added servicesChange the metering methodPricing
Resource plan overviewGuidelines for choosing resource plansRules for applying resource plansQuery details about resource plansConfigure low capacity alertsMoney-back guarantees
MoreOverdue paymentsQuery resource usageQuery billsConfigure high bill alertsFAQ about billing