This topic describes how to upgrade the database engine version of an ApsaraDB RDS MySQL instance.
For more information about how to upgrade the versions of other database engines, see the following topics:
- Upgrade from Basic Edition to High-availability Edition
- Upgrade SQL Server 2008 R2 to SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2016
- Upgrade an instance from SQL Server 2012 to SQL Server 2016
- The database engine version cannot be downgraded.
- The database engine version can only be upgraded from MySQL 5.5 to MySQL 5.6.
- Before performing a database engine version upgrade, we recommend that you purchase an ApsaradB RDS MySQL instance of the target version to test the version compatibility.
- During a database engine version upgrade, your ApsaraDB RDS MySQL instance may encounter a 30-second transient disconnection. We recommend that you perform the upgrade during off-peak hours or make sure that your application can automatically reconnect to your ApsaradB RDS MySQL instance.
- Log on to the ApsaradB for RDS console.
- In the upper-left corner of the console, select the region where the target RDS instance resides.
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- In the Configuration Information section of the Basic Information page, click Upgrade Database.
- In the dialog box that appears, select the target version and click Upgrade.
|UpgradeDBInstanceEngineVersion||Upgrades the database engine version of an ApsaraDB for RDS instance.|