This topic gives an overview of DAS features.
DAS provides centralized management of cloud databases and databases in your on-premises data center. This saves your management costs by over 50% and significantly reduces operational failure rates.
You can check the performance trends and real-time performance of all database environments, groups, and instances through the DAS platform.
- Cost-efficient: You do not need to invest in human resources to develop and deploy data collection, computation and storage programs. You can use DAS to directly monitor your databases.
- A great variety of metrics: DAS supports the collection, processing, and display of key database metrics.
- Fine-grained monitoring: You can set up fine-grained monitoring based on your needs and query monitoring data that are accurate to the second.
DAS allows you to customize alert rules for your cloud and on-premises databases. Alert information can be sent to relevant contacts.
- Default alert templates: Based on extensive database O&M experience of Alibaba, DAS defines default alert templates for various database engines. You can directly use these default alert templates.
- Flexible configuration: DAS supports flexible configuration of various alert rules, alert templates, alert contacts, and alert groups. You can configure different alert templates for different users in your company.
- Anomaly detection: DAS automatically detects database instances that do not have alert rules defined. This safeguards your business from losses due to delayed alert notifications.
DAS detects anomalies 24/7 based on machine learning and fine-grained data monitoring. DAS provides features such as automatic SQL throttling, anomaly snapshot capture, automatic SQL review and optimization, elastic capacity evaluation, automatic storage expansion, and automatic computing resource expansion. You can use DAS to perform diagnostics and deliver measurable optimization results.
The self-driving capability of databases is divided into 5 layers:
|Level||Description||Decision Making||Key Capabilities|
|Level-1||Human Assistance||Human||Statistics Collecting, Monitoring, Alerting, Scripts/Tools|
|Level-2||Diagnosis and optimization suggestions||Human + DAS||Anomaly Detection, SQL Advisor, Capacity Planning, Health Diagnostic Framework, etc.|
|Level-3||Partial Scenarios Automation||DAS + Human||Automatic Repairing, Automatic SQL Tuning, Automatic Configuration Tuning, Auto-scaling, Automatic Resource Scheduling, Automatic Data Access Protection, etc.|
|Level-4||Full Automation||DAS||Fully End-to-End Automation for All Scenarios , No Human Intervention|
Intelligent diagnosis has the following features:
- SQL statement diagnosis and optimization
- Slow SQL query analysis
- Storage analysis
- Performance trends
- Session management
- Full SQL analysis
- Diagnosis report
- 24/7 anomaly detection
- Automatic SQL throttling
- Automatic optimization of SQL statements
- Automatic review and optimization of SQL statements
- Capacity evaluation and specification recommendations
- Auto scaling
DAS is developed with extensive experience of Alibaba in database O&M and management. DAS provides cross-instance, cross-group, cross-environment and cross-functional module dashboards, such as technical support dashboards and instance dashboards.
- Management of multiple database environments and groups
DAS satisfies the enterprise requirement for managing multiple database environments and groups. DAS allows you to aggregate and drill down into performance monitoring metrics at the environment-level and group-level to better reflect a perspective of enterprise-level management.
- Inspection scoring
DAS supports inspection scoring. DAS automatically inspects all database instances connected to DAS. DAS performs basic inspections and SQL, capacity, performance, and security inspections. DAS also provides health scores to help you view the operational status of databases at a glance.
DAS provides features such as High-risk Request identification, SQL injection detection, new access source identification, and sensitive data access identification. DAS can identify abnormal access to databases and database breaches to ensure database security in a fast and effective manner.
Database security audit has the following features:
- SQL injection identification.
- High-risk Request identification.
- New Access Source identification.