Treemaps can be used to compare the proportions between variables easily.
A treemap consists of nested rectangles of multiple different sizes and labels. The labels of rectangles are determined by data dimensions, such as package design. The sizes of rectangles are determined by data measures, such as transportation cost.
For each treemap, one and only one dimension can be specified to determine the labels of rectangles. This dimension can have a maximum of 12 dimension values. One and only measure can be specified to determine the sizes of rectangles.
The following scenario uses the company_sales_record dataset as an example.
Scenario: Compare the order quantities of different products
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click Datasets to open the dataset management page.
- Select the company_sales_record dataset and click Create Dashboard.
- Click the TreeMap icon and the corresponding legend is displayed.
- Click the Data tab to select the data dimension and data measure.
In the Dimensions list, select Product_type and add it to Rectangle Label. In the Measures list, select order_number and add it to Rectangle Size, as shown in the following figure:
- Click Update to generate the diagram.
- In the Style tab, you can change the title and legend of the treemap.
- Click the Save icon to save the dashboard.
To delete the diagram, move the mouse to the upper-right corner and click Delete in the toolbar that appears.