This topic describes a treemap, including its overview, application example, and configuration style as well as how to delete a treemap.
A treemap can be used to compare the proportions of metric values of objects.
It displays rectangle labels in different sizes based on a measure. Rectangle labels are determined by a dimension, such as packaging. The size of each rectangle label is determined by a measure, such as shipping cost.
Scenario: Compare the order quantities of different products. The following example uses the company_sales_record dataset to describe the application of a treemap.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the Workspace page, click Datasets.
On the Datasets page that appears, find the company_sales_record dataset and click in the Actions column.Note If you are using Quick BI Enterprise Standard, choose Standard or Full Screen as the dashboard type. The following example uses Standard as the dashboard type.
- Click . A treemap appears in the display area of the dashboard.
- Click the Data tab and select the required measures and dimension.
In the Dimensions list, find and add product_type to the Labels (Dim.) field. In the Measures list, find and add order_number to the Size (Mea.) field, as shown in the following figure.
- Click Update. The chart is updated.
- Click the Style tab and change the basic information and series settings of the chart.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner. In the Save Dashboard dialog box that appears, enter a name for the dashboard and click OK.
Configure parameters on the Style tab
- In the Basic Information section, set Show Title and Description and Show Link.
Note If you want to redirect to a report or an external page, select Show Link and specify Link Text and Link Address.
- In the Series Settings section, specify Number Formatting.
Click Update. The following figure shows the updated chart.
Delete a chart
Perform the following steps to delete a chart:
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of a chart.
- Select Delete.