After you create a bucket, you can upload objects (files) to the bucket in either of the following ways:
You can upload the object smaller than 5 GB by using the OSS console.
You can upload the object larger than 5 GB by using SDKs or APIs. For more information, see Introduction.
|If the name of the object to be uploaded is duplicate with that of the existing one in the bucket, it overwrites the existing one.|
- Log on to the OSS console.
- Click the name of the bucket which you want to upload objects to.
- Click the Files tab.
- Click Upload to open the Upload box.
Note You can upload a file to a specified folder or to a default folder. You can select ~~31910~~#concept_ohr_sqg_vdb before clicking Upload to upload the file to a specified folder. You can also directly click Upload to upload a file to a default OSS folder.
- In the Directory Address box, set the directory for the objects to be uploaded.
- Current Directory: If you select this option, the objects will be uploaded to the current directory.
- Specify Directory: If you select this option, enter the directory such as **photos\**. Then OSS will automatically create a folder named **photos\** and upload the objects to it.
Note You can also create a folder manually. For more information, see ~~31910~~#concept_ohr_sqg_vdb.
- In the File ACL area, select the read/write permissions of the objects to be uploaded. - Inherited from Bucket: By default, the read/write permissions of the objects are inherited from the bucket which the objects are uploaded to. - Private: Only the owner of the bucket and the authorized users can perform read, write, and delete operations on the objects. Other users cannot access the objects. - Public Read: Only the owner of the bucket and the authorized users can perform write and delete operations on the objects. Anyone (including anonymous access) can read the objects. - Public Read/Write: Anyone (including anonymous access) can read, write, and delete the objects. The fees incurred by such operations are borne by the owner of the bucket. Use this permission with caution.
- Drag one or multiple objects to be uploaded to the Upload area, or click upload them directly to select the objects to be uploaded.
- Object names must comply with the naming conventions: - Object names must use UTF-8 encoding. - Object names must be at least 1 byte and no more than 1023 bytes in length. - Object names cannot start with a backslash ( / ) or a forward slash ( \ ). - Object names are case sensitive.