This topic describes how to add a cloud data source ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL.
- An ApsaraDB RDS for PostgreSQL database is created.
- The username and password that you use to access the PostgreSQL database are obtained.
- Click the Workspace tab. In the left-side navigation pane, click Data Sources.
- On the Data Sources page, click Create Data Source in the upper-right corner.
- In the Add Data Source dialog box, click the Cloud Data Sources tab and then the PostgreSQL card.
- In the Add PostgreSQL Database dialog box, configure the required parameters.
Parameter Description Name The name of the data source. In this example, set the value to cloud data source PostgreSQL. Database Address The hostname or IP address of the database that is used as the data source. Port Number The port that you use to access the database. Default value: 5432. Database The name of the database that you want to access. In this example, set the value to quickbi_PostgreSQL. Schema Default value: public. Username The username that you use to access the database. In this example, set the value to quickbi_test. Password The password that you use to access the database. VPC Data Source If the data source is connected over a VPC, select VPC Data Source and specify the relevant parameters. Region The region where the instance resides. In this example, set the value to cn-qingdao. SSL After you select the SSL option, the data source supports the interactive query service MaxCompute Lightning provided by MaxCompute. Make sure that Schema and Database configured for the data source of the MaxCompute Lightning service are consistent with those for the current data source.
- Click Test Connection to test connectivity with the database.
- After the database passes the connectivity test, click Add.