This topic describes how to migrate an instance in an ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster from a host to another host. ApsaraDB for MyBase allows you to migrate a primary or secondary instance to another host in the current zone or in a different zone.
- If you migrate an instance, a transient connection of about 30 seconds occurs.
- When you migrate an instance to a host in a different zone, the following risks may
- The virtual IP address (VIP) of the instance changes. We recommend that you use an endpoint rather than an IP address to connect your application to the instance.
- If you do not clear the cache on your client at the earliest opportunity, data write requests may fail.
- If a Data Transmission Service (DTS) task is running on the instance, you must restart the DTS task after you migrate the instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where you want to create a dedicated
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters. On the page that appears, find the dedicated cluster that you want to manage, and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation tree, click Instances.
- Find the instance that you want to migrate, and click Migrate in the Actions column.
- In the panel that appears, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Destination Zone Select a zone to which you want to migrate the instance.Note In the drop-down list, you can select one of the zones in which all hosts in a dedicated cluster are deployed. The instance that you want to migrate belongs to the dedicated cluster. VSwitch Select a vSwitch from the drop-down list. If no options are available in the drop-down list, you can click Create VSwitch to create a vSwitch in the destination zone.Note This parameter is required only if you migrate a primary instance to a host in a different zone. Destination Host Select a host to which you want to migrate the instance.Note This parameter is optional. If you do not specify a destination host, the instance is migrated to a host in the specified zone. Migration Time
Note You can migrate a primary instance or a secondary instance based on business requirements. If you need to migrate only a primary instance, you must configure the parameters that are required to migrate the primary instance.
- Maintenance Window 02:00-06:00
- Specified Time: You can specify a date and time to migrate the instance.
- Click OK.