If a secondary instance on a host becomes faulty, you can create a secondary instance on the host. If you want to migrate a secondary instance across hosts in the same ApsaraDB for MyBase dedicated cluster, you can create a secondary instance on the destination host. This topic describes how to create a secondary instance.
For more information about ApsaraDB for MyBase, see What is ApsaraDB for MyBase?.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to create the
- Find the dedicated cluster where the instance resides, and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- Find the primary instance for which you want to create a secondary instance, and click
Create New Secondary Instance in the Actions column.
- In the dialog box that appears, select Specified Host, specify the host on which you want to create a secondary instance, and click OK.
Note If you do not select Specified Host, the system creates a secondary instance on the host where the existing secondary instance resides. If the host where the existing secondary instance resides cannot provide sufficient storage capacity, the system selects a host where the primary instance does not reside. If no host can provide sufficient storage capacity, a message appears asking you to create a host.