You can migrate an ApsaraDB MyBase instance to another host.
An ApsaraDB MyBase for MySQL, ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server, or ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL instance is created. For information about how to create an ApsaraDB MyBase instance, see the following topics:
- After you migrate an instance, the instance remains disconnected for approximately 30 seconds.
- ApsaraDB MyBase for MySQL Master-replica Edition instances and ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instances cannot be migrated to hosts across different zones. Instances of other editions can be migrated to hosts in the same zone and across different zones.
- After you migrate an instance to a host that is not deployed in the same zone, the
following risks may occur:
- The virtual IP address (VIP) of the instance changes after the instance is migrated. We recommend that you use the endpoint of the instance instead of the IP address of the instance to connect your application to the instance.
- If the cache of your client is full and you do not clear the cache, data cannot be written to the cache.
- If a Data Transmission Service (DTS) task is running on the instance, restart the DTS task after you migrate the instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to create a dedicated cluster.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters. On the page that appears, find the dedicated cluster in which the instance you want to migrate is deployed and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- Find the instance that you want to migrate, click More in the Actions column, and then click Migrate.
- In the panel that appears, configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Destination Zone Select the zone where the destination host is deployed.Note
- This parameter is displayed only when you migrate an ApsaraDB MyBase for MySQL High-availability Edition instance or an ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL instance.
- The drop-down list shows all zones where the hosts in the dedicated cluster are deployed.
VSwitch Select a vSwitch from the drop-down list. If no options are available in the drop-down list, you can click Create VSwitch to create a vSwitch in the destination zone.Note This parameter is displayed only when you migrate a primary instance to a host that is not deployed in the same zone. Destination Host Select a host to which you want to migrate the instance.Note This parameter is optional. If you do not specify a destination host, the system automatically selects a host that is deployed in the specified destination zone as the destination host. Migration Time
Note You can migrate your primary instance and secondary instances based on your business requirements. If you want to migrate only the primary instance, configure only the parameters that are required to migrate the primary instance.
- Maintenance Window 02:00-06:00
- Specified Time: You can specify a date and point in time when you want the migration task to start.
- Click OK.