This topic describes how to migrate an ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL instance from a host to another host.
- After you migrate an instance, the instance remains disconnected for approximately 30 seconds.
- ApsaraDB MyBase for MySQL Master-replica Edition instances and ApsaraDB MyBase for SQL Server instances cannot be migrated to hosts across different zones. Instances of other editions can be migrated to hosts in the same zone and across different zones.
- After you migrate an instance to a host that is not deployed in the same zone, the
following risks may occur:
- The virtual IP address (VIP) of the instance changes after the instance is migrated. We recommend that you use the endpoint of the instance instead of the IP address of the instance to connect your application to the instance.
- If the cache of your client is full and you do not clear the cache, data cannot be written to the cache.
- If a Data Transmission Service (DTS) task is running on the instance, restart the DTS task after you migrate the instance.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Clusters. On the page that appears, find the ApsaraDB MyBase dedicated cluster that you want to manage and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- Find the instance that you want to migrate and choose More > Migrate in the Actions column.
- In the panel that appears, configure the parameters described in the following table.
Parameter Description Destination Zone Select a destination zone from the drop-down list.Note In the drop-down list, you can view the zones where all hosts in the corresponding dedicated cluster are deployed. vSwitch Select a vSwitch from the drop-down list. If no options are available in the drop-down list, you can click Create VSwitch to create a vSwitch in the destination zone.Note This parameter is required only if you migrate a primary instance to a host in a different zone. Destination Host Select a host to which you want to migrate the instance.Note This parameter is optional. If you do not specify a destination host, the instance is migrated to a host in the specified zone. Migration Time
Note You can migrate a primary instance or a secondary instance based on business requirements. If you need to migrate only a primary instance, you must configure the parameters that are required to migrate the primary instance.
- Maintenance Window 02:00-06:00
- Specified Time: You can specify a date and time to migrate the instance.
- Click OK.