Before you use the features of ApsaraDB MyBase, you must create instances on the hosts in your ApsaraDB MyBase dedicated cluster. The instances are created on the hosts based on the resource allocation policy that is selected.
A host is created in an ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL dedicated cluster. For more information, see Create a host in an ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL dedicated cluster (purchase unavailable).
For more information about ApsaraDB MyBase, see What is ApsaraDB MyBase?
Important The purchase of ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL instances is unavailable as of December 05, 2022. Existing instances can be used normally. For more information, see [Notice] End of sale for ApsaraDB MyBase for PostgreSQL.
Supported database engine versions and instance editions
- PostgreSQL 13, High-availability Edition
- PostgreSQL 12, High-availability Edition
- PostgreSQL 11, High-availability Edition
- PostgreSQL 10, High-availability Edition
- Log on to the ApsaraDB MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Dedicated Clusters. On the page that appears, find the ApsaraDB MyBase for MySQL dedicated cluster in which you want to create an instance and click Details in the Actions column.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose Create Instance. . On the page that appears, click
- In the panel that appears, configure the parameters described in the following table.
Parameter Description Database Engine The database engine is PostgreSQL and cannot be changed. Current Version The database engine version of the instance. Edition The edition of the instance. Only High Availability Edition is supported.Note To create a High Availability Edition instance, make sure that at least two hosts are created. Storage Type The storage type of the instance. Only enhanced SSDs (ESSDs) are supported.Note
- You can select the PL2 ESSD or PL3 ESSD storage type when you create an instance. A higher performance level provides better performance. For more information, see ESSDs.
- You can select Disk Encryption to encrypt and secure your data. For more information, see Data encryption.
- You can create an instance that uses a specific type of storage only if the dedicated cluster contains at least two hosts that use the same type of storage.
VSwitch The vSwitch to which the instance is connected.Note This parameter does not appear if all the hosts in the dedicated cluster are deployed in the same zone. Instance Specifications The specifications of the instance. Storage Capacity The storage capacity of ESSDs. Deployment Method Only Default Policy is supported. Instances are automatically allocated to hosts based on the resource allocation policy. You can specify the zone and vSwitch. Billing Method Only the pay-as-you-go billing method is supported.Note We recommend that you purchase a storage plan to reduce storage costs.
- Click Create.