Before you use SMC to migrate a server, you must create an Alibaba Cloud account,
complete real-name verification, activate Resource Access Management (RAM), authorize
SMC to access your cloud resources, and obtain an AccessKey pair.
To create an Alibaba Cloud account, perform the following steps:
- On the Alibaba Cloud official website, create an Alibaba Cloud account.
- Associate a credit card or PayPal account with your Alibaba Cloud account.
- If you need to migrate the server to the Chinese mainland, complete real-name verification.
Use one of the following verification methods:
Activate RAM and authorize SMC to access your cloud resources
To activate RAM and authorize SMC to access your cloud resources, use one of the following
- Method 1: Log on to the RAM console, and click Confirm Authorization Policy to complete authorization.
- Method 2: Log on to the SMC console and complete the authorization as prompted.
RAM user authorization: Use your Alibaba Cloud account to log on to the RAM console, and grant the AliyunSMCFullAccess permission to the RAM user.
Obtain an AccessKey pair
Create and obtain the AccessKey pair of your Alibaba Cloud account or RAM user. For
more information, see Obtain an AccessKey pair
Notice AccessKey pairs are credentials that you can use to access Alibaba Cloud API resources.
Therefore, we recommend that you keep your AccessKey pair strictly confidential. To
prevent your AccessKey pair from being exposed or misused, we recommend that you use
a RAM user to create a temporary AccessKey pair, and then disable the AccessKey pair
after the migration is complete.
Activate the ECS snapshot service
Activate the Alibaba Cloud ECS snapshot service. For more information, see Activate ECS Snapshot.