This topic provides an overview of indicator trend charts and an example on how to use indicator trend charts. This topic also describes how to configure indicator trend chart styles and delete an indicator trend chart.
A dashboard is created. For more information, see Create a standard dashboard.
An indicator trend chart shows the latest values of multiple indicators and the changes of these indicators over a period of time.
- You can specify only one dimension for Date (Dimensions).
- You must specify at least one measure for Indicator (Measures).
- Perform the operations shown in the following figure to create a dashboard.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog box, select Standard or Full Screen, and click OK.
In this example, Standard is selected.
- On the dashboard edit page, click the icon. An indicator trend chart appears in the dashboard display area.
- On the Data tab, select measures and dimensions based on your business requirements.
- In the Dimensions list, double-click order_date(year). You can also drag this dimension to the Date (Dimensions) field.
- In the Measures list, double-click order_number, order_amt, shipping_cost, and profit_amt. You can also drag these measures to the Indicator (Measures) field.
- Click Update to update the indicator trend chart.
You can click the icon next to Indicator (Measures) to modify the display name, description, aggregation method, and value display format of a measure. For more information, see Configure a chart.
- On the Style tab, configure Basic Information, Chart Settings, Indicator Settings, Functionality Settings, Conditional Formatting, and Series Settings.
For more information, see Configure indicator trend chart styles.
- On the Advanced tab, configure parameters in the Advanced Settings and Metric Analysis sections.
Parameter Option Description Advanced Settings Auto Refresh After you select Auto Refresh, the system refreshes the indicator trend chart as scheduled. For example, if you select Auto Refresh, enter 5, and then select Minutes, the system refreshes the chart every 5 minutes. Filter Interaction After you configure Filter Interaction and click an area or field in the indicator trend chart, data in other charts that are associated with this chart is updated. For more information, see Configure the filter interaction feature. Hyperlink After you configure Hyperlink, you are directed to the linked report when you click a field in the indicator trend chart. You can set Hyperlink to Parameter or External Link. If you select Parameter, you must configure global parameters. For more information, see Configure the hyperlink feature. Display Secondary Indicator If you select Display Secondary Indicator, you can configure the display modes of secondary indicators. For more information, see Display secondary indicators. Metric Analysis Auxiliary Line Auxiliary lines can be used to show the difference between the value of a measure and the reference value indicated by an auxiliary line. The reference value indicated by an auxiliary line can be a fixed value or a calculated value. You can use the following calculated values: average, maximum, minimum, and median. For more information, see Auxiliary line.
- Click Save in the upper-right corner of the page to save the settings.
Configure indicator trend chart styles
- In the Basic Information section, configure Show Title and Description, Description, Endnote, Show Link, and Custom Background Color.
Note If Show Link is selected, you also need to configure Link Text and Link Address. If you click a field in the indicator trend chart, you are redirected to the linked report or an external link.You can also configure Card Color and Background Image.Note You can configure Custom Background Color only when Show Trend by Date is set to Detailed Trend.
- In the Chart Settings section, configure Show Trend by Date and specify the chart type as needed.
Parameter Description Show Trend by Date Options: Overall Trend or Detailed Trend. Change Charts Options: Line Chart, Vertical Bar Chart, and Area Chart. Custom Trend Chart Color You can select a color series for the indicator trend chart. Date Duration The default duration is 30. Select Preview Mode Options: Single Choice and Multiple Choice.
Note Select Preview Mode is available only when Show Trend by Data is set to Overall Trend.
- Single Choice: Only the trend of one measure can be displayed in the indicator trend chart.
- Multiple Choice: The trend of two or more measures can be displayed in the indicator trend chart.
Layout for Multiple Indicators Options: Displayed in One Line and Displayed in Multiple Lines. If you select Displayed in One Line, the slider appears, and you can adjust the slider to view all indicators in one row. If you select Displayed in Multiple Lines, indicators are displayed in multiple rows.Note Layout for Multiple Indicators is available only when Show Trend by Data is set to Overall Trend. Detailed Trend Position Options: Bottom and Right.Note Detailed Trend Position is available only when Show Trend by Data is set to Detailed Trend. Dual Y-Axis Dual Y-Axis is available only when Select Preview Mode is set to Multiple Choice. Y-axis Label Settings You can configure data formats on two y-axes.
- In the Indicator Settings section, configure indicator styles.
Parameter Description Maximum Indicators Each Row The number of indicator blocks in each row for the indicator trend chart.In this example, Maximum Indicators Each Row is set to 4. Font Color for Primary Indicator Value The color of the primary indicator value in the indicator trend chart.Note In the Indicator (Measures) section, the first measure is the primary indicator. The rest measures are secondary indicators. Indicator Block Alignment The alignment of an indicator block. Options:
- Horizontal Left
- Horizontal Center
Show Main Indicator Trend Chart Specifies whether to add icons or images.Note You can use the following image formats: PNG, JPG, and GIF.
- In the Functionality Settings section, select Enable Indicator Filter.
After you select Enable Indicator Filter, the icon appears in the upper-right corner of the indicator trend chart. You can click the icon to filter measures based on your business requirements.
- In the Conditional Formatting section, configure conditional formats for measures.
Parameter Description Series You can select a measure that you added to the Indicator (Measures) field. Shortcut Style You can configure the marker icons and font display colors. Custom Style You can customize text, icon styles, marker icons, indicator ranges, and font display colors. Synchronize Style To You can replicate the conditional formatting settings of a measure to other measures.
- In the Series Settings section, specify Series and configure Prefix and Suffix for Data Value.
Parameter Description Series The series. You can select a measure from the Indicator (Measures) field. Prefix and Suffix for Data Value The prefix and suffix for the value of a measure in the indicator trend chart.
Delete a chart
- Click the icon in the upper-right corner of the line chart.
- Select Delete. The line chart is deleted.