Container Service for Kubernetes (ACK) supports hot migration from ACK standard clusters to ACK Pro clusters. You can dynamically migrate your workloads from existing ACK standard clusters to ACK Pro clusters. This way, you can benefit from the features that are provided by ACK Pro clusters. This topic describes how to migrate workloads from an ACK standard cluster to an ACK Pro cluster.
ACK Pro clusters are developed based on ACK standard clusters. ACK Pro clusters are covered by the service level agreement (SLA) that supports compensation clauses. This type of cluster is suitable for enterprise users that require higher stability and security for large-scale production environments. For more information about ACK Pro clusters, see Overview of ACK Pro clusters.
You can perform hot migration from an ACK standard cluster to an ACK Pro cluster only if the Kubernetes version of the clusters is 1.16 or later.
- You cannot migrate workloads from an ACK Pro cluster to an ACK standard cluster.
The migration of workloads from an ACK standard cluster to an ACK Pro cluster involves the following steps: cluster precheck and migration.
- If the cluster fails to pass the precheck, you can follow the instructions to go to the details page and view further information about the failure.
- If the cluster passes the precheck, the migration process starts.
- Log on to the ACK console.
- In the left-side navigation pane of the ACK console, click Clusters.
- On the Clusters page, find the ACK standard cluster that you want to manage and click Migrate to Pro in the Actions column.
- In the Migrate to Pro dialog box, click precheck.
After you click precheck, you are redirected to the Container Intelligence Service console. You can start the precheck on the Migration Check page. If the cluster fails to pass the precheck, you can follow the instructions on the Migration Check page to view further information about the failure.
- After the cluster passes the precheck, read the notes in the Migrate to Pro dialog box and click OK.
After the migration is completed, the cluster type changes from ACK Managed to ACK Pro.
You can migrate workloads from an ACK dedicated cluster to an ACK Pro cluster. For more information, see Hot migration from ACK dedicated clusters to ACK Pro clusters.