You can configure an escalation policy for alerts that remain uncleared for an extended period of time. After you specify an escalation policy in a notification policy, the system sends alert notifications to the specified contacts based on the specified notification method. This ensures that the contacts take necessary actions to clear the alert.
Create an escalation policy
- Log on to the ARMS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- On the Escalation Policy page, click Create Escalation Policy.
- On the right side of the page, enter a name for the escalation policy in the top field.
- In the section for configuring an escalation rule, specify a trigger condition for
the rule. This way, the system sends alert notifications if alerts are not claimed
or cleared by contacts for a specified period of time. For example, you can specify
that alert notifications are escalated to the contacts when an alert remains unclaimed
for 10 minutes. Note To add an escalation rule, click +Add Rule.
Parameter Description Contacts You can specify one or more contacts, contact groups, DingTalk groups, or schedules. Notification Methods The methods that are used to send alert messages. Valid values: DingTalk, Mail, SMS, Phone, and WebHook. You can specify one or more notification methods.Note Before a contact receives alert messages by phone call, you must verify the phone number of the contact. For more information, see Verify mobile phone numbers. Notification Period The time period during which alert notifications are repeatedly sent if the specified condition of the escalation rule is met. Number of Repetitions The number of times that alert notifications are repeatedly sent. The system stops sending alert notifications when an alert no longer meets the specified condition of the escalation rule.Note The system sends at least one alert notification. If you set this parameter to 0, the system sends one alert notification.
- Click Save.
Manage escalation policies
After you create an escalation policy, the escalation policy is displayed in the Escalation Policies section. You can manage escalation policies in the Escalation Policies section by using one of the following methods:
- Click the More icon next to the escalation policy that you want to manage and select Edit, Copy, or Delete.
- Click the escalation policy that you want to manage. Then, you can click the icons in the upper-right corner to modify, refresh, copy, or delete the escalation policy.