Before you can use the features of ApsaraDB MyBase, you must create hosts in your ApsaraDB MyBase dedicated cluster and create instances on the hosts.
Requirements for the number of hosts
|Database engine||Edition||Minimum number of hosts|
|SQL Server||Basic Edition||1|
|Cluster Edition (Always On)||2|
- Log on to the ApsaraDB MyBase console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the region where you want to create a host.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Hosts. On the Hosts page, click Add Host.
- Configure the parameters described in the following table.
Parameter Description Product Type Select Dedicated Cluster.Note
- If you create a host that uses local SSDs, the fees of the host include the fees of all instances on the host.
- If you create a host that uses enhanced SSDs (ESSDs), the fees of the host include only the computing fees. When you create an instance on the host, you must pay for the ESSD storage. We recommend that you select Storage Package to purchase a subscription storage plan. The subscription storage plan can be used to offset the storage costs of pay-as-you-go instances that are created in the same region as the storage plan. This way, your storage costs are reduced.
Region The region where you want to create the host. Zone The zone where you want to create the host. We recommend that you create hosts in different zones to improve service availability. Database Engine The database engine that is supported by the host. Valid values:
- Microsoft SQL Server
Dedicated Cluster The dedicated cluster in which you want to create the host.Note
- If no dedicated clusters that run the specified database engine are created in the specified region, you can select Create a new exclusive cluster by default. This way, the system creates a dedicated cluster for your host.
- If dedicated clusters that run the specified database engine are available in the specified region, you can select one of them based on your business requirements.
VPC The virtual private cloud (VPC) where you want to create the host.Note
- If a manually created dedicated cluster is selected, the system selects the VPC where the dedicated cluster is created.
- If Create a new exclusive cluster by default is selected, the following rules apply:
- If one or more VPCs exist in the specified region, you can select one of the VPCs.
- You can also select Create a proprietary network by default. This way, the system creates a VPC for the dedicated cluster.
VSwitch The vSwitch to which to connect the host.Note
- If a vSwitch created in the specified zone already exists in the specified VPC, the system selects the vSwitch.
- If no vSwitch created in the specified zone exists in the specified VPC, you can log on to the VPC console and create a vSwitch in the specified zone. The vSwitch must be located in the specified VPC.
- If you select the dedicated cluster and VPC that are created by the system, the system creates a vSwitch.
Authorization The first time you create a host, you must perform authorization. On the Cloud Resource Access Authorization page, click Confirm Authorization Policy to grant permissions on security groups.Notice After you grant permissions, the AliyunRDSDedicatedHostGroupRole role is displayed on the Roles page in the RAM console. If you want to use ApsaraDB MyBase dedicated clusters, retain this role. If this role is deleted, you must grant the permissions again to perform related operations. Host Image The operating system (OS) image of the host.
- If the database engine is set to MySQL or PostgreSQL, the host image is automatically set to AliLinux.
- If the database engine is set to Microsoft SQL Server, you can select one of Windows images.
Storage Type The storage type of the host.Note
- For hosts that run the MySQL database engine, both Local SSD and Enhanced SSD (ESSD) are available.
- For hosts that run the PostgreSQL database engine, only Enhanced SSD (ESSD) is available.
- For hosts that run the Microsoft SQL Server database engine, only Enhanced SSD (ESSD) is available.
Host Instance Type The instance type of the host. The following instance type categories are available:
Note For more information about host instance types, see Instance types of hosts.
- ECS Bare Metal
Storage Capacity The storage capacity of the host. This parameter is displayed only when the storage type of the host is set to Local SSD. Quantity The number of hosts that you want to create. For more information, see the "Requirements for the number of hosts" section of this topic. Duration The subscription duration of the host. You can select Auto-renewal to prevent the host from being released upon expiration. This way, the system renews the host based on the specified subscription duration. For example, if you specify a subscription duration of three months, the system renews the host once every three months.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment.
To contact technical support, scan the following QR code to join a DingTalk group. Then, you can obtain technical support from database experts, view success stories, and engage with experts on live streams that are provided on a regular basis.