This topic describes how to release an RDS MySQL instance, which can use the pay-as-you-go or subscription billing method.
Release a pay-as-you-go RDS instance
If the RDS instance you want to release is the last read-only instance for a master RDS instance, you must first disable the read/write splitting function. For more information, see Disable read/write splitting for an RDS for MySQL instance.
- Log on to the RDS console.
- Select the target region.
- Use one of the following two methods to open the Release Instance dialog box:
- Method 1:
Find the target RDS instance and in the Actions column choose .
- Method 2:
- Find the target RDS instance and click the instance ID.
- On the Basic Information page, find the Status section and click Release Instance.
- Method 1:
- In the Release Instance dialog box, click Confirm.
Release a subscription RDS instance
You can open a ticket to apply for releasing a subscription RDS instance.
Will my RDS services be affected if I release a read-only instance?
|DeleteDBInstance||Used to release a pay-as-you-go RDS instance. (A subscription RDS instance cannot be released by calling an API action.)|