This topic describes how to release a pay-as-you-go ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance. It also describes how to unsubscribe from a subscription ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
- After you release or unsubscribe from an RDS instance, the RDS instance and its data
are immediately deleted. Before you release or unsubscribe from an RDS instance, we
recommend that you back up the RDS instance and download the required backup files.
For more information, see Automatic and manual backups and Download the data and log backup files of an ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instance.
Note If an RDS instance runs the RDS Basic or High-availability Edition with standard or enhanced SSDs, you cannot download the backup files of the RDS instance.
- If you want to release the last read-only RDS instance that is attached with a primary RDS instance, you must disable the read/write splitting feature for the primary RDS instance. For more information, see Disable read/write splitting for an RDS MySQL instance.
- After you release or unsubscribe from an RDS instance, ApsaraDB RDS moves the RDS instance to the recycle bin. This applies if the RDS instance meets the specified requirements. For more information, see Manage ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instances in the recycle bin.
Release a pay-as-you-go RDS instance
- Log on to the ApsaraDB RDS console. In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances. In the top navigation bar, select the region where the RDS instance resides.
- Use one of the following methods to open the Release Instance message:
- Find the RDS instance and in the Actions column choose .
- Find the RDS instance and click its ID.
- On the Basic Information page, click Release Instance.
- In the message that appears, click Confirm.
Unsubscribe from a subscription RDS instance
If you want to unsubscribe from an RDS instance, submit a ticket.
- If I release a read-only RDS instance, are my workloads be interrupted?
Yes, if you release a read-only RDS instance, your workloads on the read-only RDS instance are interrupted. Before you release a read-only RDS instance, we recommend that you set the read weight of the read-only RDS instance to 0. For more information, see Modify the latency threshold and read weights of ApsaraDB RDS for MySQL instances.Note The cached connections to the read-only RDS instance that you have released remain valid. If you want to route the read requests over the cached connections to the other read-only RDS instances, you must establish new connections.
- After I release an RDS instance, how do I retrieve the data of the RDS instance?
If you have specified to retain the backup files of an RDS instance after the RDS instance is released, you can go to the Backup for Deleted Instances page in the ApsaraDB RDS console to restore data. For more information, see Automatic and manual backups.
|Release instance||Releases a pay-as-you-go ApsaraDB RDS instance. (You cannot unsubscribe from a subscription ApsaraDB RDS instance by calling an API operation.)|