This topic describes the overview, examples, and deletion of an LBS heat map.
Similar to a colored map, an LBS heat map represents the size and distribution of data by using different shades of location dots.
An LBS heat map is based on geographic locations and heat intensity. Geographic locations are determined by Geo type dimensions such as the province. Heat intensity is determined by measures such as the order amount and profit amount.
You can only select one dimension for the geographical locations and the dimension type must be Geo. You can select a minimum of one and a maximum of five measures for the heat intensity.
For more information, see Detailed information for regions.
The following example uses the company_sales_record dataset.
- Log on to the Quick BI console.
- Click Datasets to go to the Datasets page.
- Select the company_sales_record dataset and click the Create Dashboard icon.
Note If you use Quick BI Enterprise Standard, you need to select Standard or Full Screen as the dashboard display mode. The following example uses the Standard display mode.
- Click the LBS Heat Map icon and an empty chart appears.
- On the Data tab page, select a dimension and measures.
On the Dimensions list, locate the province field and add it to the Geo Location section. On the Measures list, locate the order_number and shipping cost fields and add them to the Heat Intensity (Measures) section respectively.Note Make sure that you have converted the dimension type from String to Geo for the province dimension. For more information, see Change the dimension type.
- Click Update and the chart is updated.
- On the Style tab page, you can configure the title, layout, and measures' aliases.
- Click Save to save the dashboard.
Configure the style
- In the Basic Information section, you can configure the title, hyperlink, and background
color. This example uses Dark as the background color.
Note To configure a hyperlink used to jump to a report or an external page, select Show Hyperlink and enter a name and address.
- In the Layout section, you can configure the legend position, base map, zoom setting, and map center. This example uses Google Map as the base map.
- In the Series Settings section, you can configure measures' aliases and legend colors.
Delete a chart
In the upper-right corner of the chart, chooseto delete the chart.